Buying a car

Home Page Forums General Buying a car

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Legal Eagles. Recently I have been looking a buying a car/s on the North and left coasts.

My question is, legally, how do you ensure that you are actually purchasing a car? Not just sending money to a Russian who is running off to Moscow with your cash?

How do you keep from sending money to someone and not getting the car you think you are buying?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bill

How about having one of the many car inspection services listed in Hemmings go and take a look at the car?

Kenneth,

That is a good idea, but what can they do other than report on the condition and the fact that the car exists? Once I wire someone money, how do I know I will get the car? I know this goes on every day, just not in my world.

Bill

There are escrow services you can also use, again, I believe, listed in Hemmings and similar magazines.

If I’m REALLY interested in the car, I fly to the car checkbook in my pocket. Then have the car inspected, work out the finances and have the car shipped home. To get a yea or nay, the cost of the plane ticket is worth it. Just sayen.

Bill, do a web search for “Buying a collector car long distance””. All sorts of articles will pop up with good information on things to watch out for.

Dave”

If you can’t go see it and arrange delivery personally, I have a preference that has worked well for me:

Buy from a club member and have a known club member verify the car and person for you and also be around for delivery if necessary.

Take advantage of the fellowship benefit.

Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.