Chesapeake Region Tour June 2018

Home Page Forums General Chesapeake Region Tour June 2018

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The dark clouds kept our Pierce Arrows at home but not our members for the Chesapeake Region’s first ever tour headed up by Robert Brown and his committee. The North East has been nothing but wet for over a month! We saw the damage from the last 4 inches of rain on roads and bridges as we made our way through the small towns and fields of northern Maryland.We saw three great collections and had lunch at the Bavarian Inn on the Potomac River. The route they selected would have been a great challenge for our Pierces as we climbed mountains hoping to see miles into the valleys below. The rains came and we all made it back to the Hotel for a farewell dinner. Thanks again, Karl and Mary Krouch

The Don Bowman collection included over 75 trucks and cars covering three buildings. Photos of some of his early trucks.

Early trucks from the Bowman Fleet. This company was started by our host with one truck 59 years ago! His sons are taking the company into the future.

Mr. Bowman giving us details about his cars with one of the other “P’s” in the foreground. Our member Ken in the background. After answering many questions and reflected on when and why vehicles ended up in the building we were off too soon to visit our next stop, a building full of Franklins.

See you all soon, Karl

Thanks to everyone who came and shared the tour with us! It was great visiting with all….and I’m under orders to arrange better weather next year!!

The rain in the area is incredible, it rained all night and is still raining today, ground is soaked and my trailer (with Pierce in it!) is sunk in the yard…..

First I want to thank David Coco. While he did not deliver on the “good’ weather, he made sure we had weather and was a great help to me. In addition, David was always ready with a good story to tell. I would also like to thank everyone who joined us. I appreciate the support from my fellow PAS members. This was my first time arranging a Pierce tour (or any tour for that matter). While it was a small step, it allowed me to get “my feet wet” (literally and figuratively).

As I keep saying, I don’t know of a nicer group of people than those in the Pierce Arrow Society.

Regards,

Robert

Robert and David, this event was well planned and executed-a tip of the hat to you and the rest of the committee!

It was great to spend time with our PAS friends all day, rain or shine. Each car collection was great. Karl, thanks for posting pics.

I think we have our first 1K mile travelers for this event: Greg and Ken from Holly Mi!

Yep, 1032 miles round trip.

The tour was wonderful !! Of course, even IF the weather had been ‘REALLY’ terrible, and the roads all straight and boring, visiting with our Pierce Arrow Friends would have made the tour the best !!

BUT: the heavy rain and winds held off on Friday evening until after 8:PM, and waited Saturday, until around 4:30 pm, when we were leaving the very interesting Franklin collection. The roads were quite amazing, they were through some of the most beautiful historical countryside I’ve every toured. I REALLY wish the weather had cooperated and I had brought a Pierce to drive.

Robert and David: THANK YOU for the leadership to do the work and planning for this tour.. I’m looking forward to next year’s 2nd ‘Annual’ Chesapeake Region Spring Tour !!

See everyone in Rohnert Park California in a month !!

Greg, Ken and LOKI

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.