Chrome or Nikel

Home Page Forums General Chrome or Nikel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Colleagues, in 1925, in 1926, there were internal and external details, nickel-plated or chromed

Thanks

A lot of active members are at the National Meet this week so responses may be slow.

But I had always heard that chrome was not in the Pierce line until ’29 or ’30 so that would mean any ’25 or ’26 car should have nickel accents.

I’m sure a few of our Series 80 experts will chime in and give you definitive answer.

My 1929 133 Roadster has both chrome and nickel with chrome on the major parts and nickel on the dash controls and some under hood items.

Thanks

Hello Arvydas, Nickel was the plating used on Pierce Arrow cars up to 1929. For 1928, there was a mix of chrome and Nickel on the cars.

The big cars in the 20’s; the Series 33 and 36 often had gold plated interior door handles and other fixtures. This was usually in the interior of the closed cars and limousines.

Greg Long

Hello Arvydas,

Also note the the exterior nickel was highly polished and that any interior nickel had a “Butler Finish”” meaning that it was slightly polished.

Peter”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.