Clutch Assembly

Home Page Forums General Clutch Assembly

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Gentlemen – First I would like to thank everyone that responded to my earlier questions regarding the transmission interchange in my Model C RS Coupe . We are coming along real good on building the four-speed and at this point I feel confident we are going to wind up with a nice transmission.

While first working on my transmission I pulled the clutch assembly out to inspect the condition and found it to be nicely rebuilt; however, when I put it back together to test the transmission performance the clutch did not want to release. Immediatly I found the transmission was not correct – I removed the transmission and found my problems via help from PAS members.

I disassembled the clutch for the second time thinking I might have had the front clutch in backwards. I did find I had the brush-type spring facing the flywheel. I don’t understand why it wasn’t releasing so before I put it back together I would feel better if someone could lead me step by step for assembly – I do want to get it correct this time. . I already have on hand a picture of this clutch. – Again I am thanking all you nice people for your very helpful responses. Leon Campbell , 918-336-1553

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.