Craigslist ’30

Home Page Forums General Craigslist ’30

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

There is a ’30 Model B. for sale in Tomball, TX. (Northwest of Houston.)

Kind of begs the question, where does patina end and rust take over?

Just saying

http://https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1930-pierce-arrow-model-sedan/6719403580.html

That car runs whisper quiet.

FYI

I had to remove the first http:// form the link to get it to work.

Ad claims that the car was at a PAS National Meet and toured at the meet.

If so then a whole lot of PAS members would have seen the car.

This is Sean Ornduff’s Car. I saw it at Kerrville in 2016. It ran great but needs a paint buff…

I also remember seeing it in Kerrville in front of the hotel ready to depart on a tour.

Robert

Pic’s are available on this site under the 2016 Kerrville Meet.

Well, an interesting car for sure.

It’s been interesting to watch, over the years, the reaction to unrestored cars.

When I bought my first Pierce in 1976, I wish I’d known all about the “original” thing….I had an unrestored 1934 840 sedan from Oklahoma, that was painfully original, but on four flat tires and not running.

True to the time I restored it. Wish I could go back and change that.

The body was so good in the original gray paint that most people thought it was in final primer.

My opinion, this is a nice car, slightly overpriced (reference the John Cislak sedan that’s available, much nicer), but it would be a fun car to use…

Dave, for a lot of years it kind of bothered my father that he never had our Pierce restored.

He even commented as such to another member at the 2006 Oregon meet.

The other member told my father to leave it alone and just maintain its originality. He also said, you can restore a car a hundred times, but it’s only original once.

For a long time our car was overlooked at some shows since the paint isn’t perfect and the front seat is worn.

But now it gets lots of attention with plenty of people telling us to just preserve it.

Times and attitudes change.

There was a similar 1930 Sedan near to me in Cambridge, NY a while back. I drove the car. It eventually sold at Hershey and I don’t know where it went to. Its originality was kind of cool, quite a but better than this, but if had some mechanical issues. Briefly I thought this Texas car might be the same, but it’s a different one.

I agree — $27,000 is optimistic especially considering the Cislak car which is also nearby in much better condition.

It’s an interesting question on where do you draw the line on preservation versus restoration. I suppose it’s an individual choice but I like cars to look good. There are some very nicely preserved original cars out there. But I see no excuse for any car not to be 100% mechanically perfect.

I think our ’29 looks very presentable given the age of the paint. :)

David, the 1929 Series 133 that John had sold at Hershey this year. To a new collector that will soon be joining the club. Its a great running and driving car, and I am sad to see it go………..but we have something new to replace it with, and it will be at the PAS 2019 meet with us…..keep your eyes on the lookout!

It will bet interesting to see what John has come up with.

Whatever it is, we all know it will run perfect once John does his magic to the car.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.