Dashboard

Home Page Forums Body Dashboard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Just curious, I have my dash out to refinish it and there are some initials written in pencil on the back, does anybody know if the person that did the woodgraining signed their work? Jim

Hi Jim,

Many of the workers, at the factory, did, indeed, write their names, nick names or initials on various parts they worked on. The 1935 I’m presently working on had “Scotie” written on the black cardboard side panels. I had some interesting talks with “Scottie” (he had an upholstery shop, off Main Street, in downtown Buffalo) back in the mid 50’s. GOD, those were great times!

Bob

The 1930 Model C sedan I owned for about 10 years had paper tags with part numbers and worker’s initials stapled to, and tucked into, the bottom of the seat.

A few years ago I had a 1939 LaSalle convertible sedan that had been re-upholstered back in the 70’s during the time when Naugahide was so popular the Nauga probably should have been placed on the Endangered Species List. Under a seat panel was this evidence of a disagreement between dueling upholstery shops.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.