David Baird, requiescat in pace

Home Page Forums General David Baird, requiescat in pace

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the death of David Baird of Coto-de-Caza, California.

David was a good guy and there is little else to say.

He was a relatively young man and we will miss him.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I was very sorry to hear about David passing away. For the 2011 meet, and for several other meets, he graciously took the meet related artwork and had a run of posters made for fundraising efforts. David paid a graphic artist for any needed cleanup work, paid for the posters and donated the finished product to the annual meet planners. Excess posters were then given to the foundation for fundraising. We lost a good guy!

I hope his beautiful Pierce-Arrow will find another great caretaker and will be seen by Pierce-Arrow Society members in the future.

Thanks John for mentioning David’s generous handling of Annual Meet Posters. His efforts and planning put significant dollars in the Meet coffers for 2009 through 2013. He taught me how to use Large format posters to add over $2,500 to the 2012 Annual Meet revenue. Post Meet sales by the Museum have added a small but continuing cash flow for helping pay their expenses. I hope that I can work with future Annual Meet committees to keep this program that was so dear to David going for years into the future. Everybody loves a good Pierce-Arrow picture.

David Baird obituary from the Great Lakes Archer:

A bright star has gone out of the Pierce-Arrow universe. Born April 2, 1948, our friend succumbed to his long ordeal on September 16, 2014. A Pennsylvania native, he and Linda migrated to California many years ago. He joined the Society in 2008 after purchasing the 1917 48-B-4 that originally belonged to composer George M. Cohen. David’s enthusiasm, optimism, and generosity toward the Society and the Museum was an inspiration to all who had the good fortune to know him. We are left with many good memories of his energy, kindness and always sage advice.

We extend deepest sympathy to Linda, children David Jr. and Brooke, and grandchildren Shane and Mia. A memorial fund has been established in his name at the Pierce-Arrow Museum where visitors can see visual evidence of his very creative generosity. Please forward David Baird Memorial contributions to: Pierce-Arrow Foundation, Attn. Dave Stevens, PO Box 309, Whitehall, MI 49461.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.