door check straps

Home Page Forums Body door check straps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am looking for door check straps for my 1935 845 sedan. Does anyone have any leads besides Steele? There are some Ford straps that are the right configuration but I haven’t found dimensions for them.

I haven’t had joyous experiences with Steele lately, besides the large price multiplier.

Jim

Steele also sells very old product. They make a batch and it often sits for years,,,,,,,

Bill, that is an interesting source I hadn’t seen before. They do make a black leather covered strap that has the right dimensions and much less expensive than Steele.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim,

They are a little eclectic, but for coachbuilt stuff like hinges, I find they are great. Don’t forget you don’t pay the VAT.

Bill

Jim,

After the sticker shock with Steeles price I started looking around and at Tractor Supply they have bailer belting and I tried that after cutting it down to fit and using 2 layers glued together. The driver door strap kept folding in the middle and I couldn’t find any reason, only that one did that. I made another one and cut the ends like finger joints so there was only 1 layer at the ends, then I put 2 narrow strips of thin stainless from some old wiper blades between the layers glued them together and so far it works great. Cheap and works. Jim L

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.