Door stop straps

Home Page Forums Body Door stop straps

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am restoring a 1930 model B. It has two different style door stop straps. One is leather, two are plastic with a steel end, and one is missing. I see steele products has a choice that ranges from about $20 to $80 each for the plastic ones. I am not sure which is correct. I appreciate any direction you could give me.

David,

I bought a pair from Metro Molded Parts in black rubber. I got the longest of the three sizes offered. Both ends have a loop on the end, but to properly fit the model B, one loop should be cut off and that end drilled for two wood screws that will match the holes drilled into the wooden door post. The door panel will have to be removed to install this end. I used a 1/4″ bolt through the loop on the cowl end. A bit of silicone rubber lube will help it slide in and out of the groove in the cowl post until the strap gets contoured to the groove. Worked well for me.

Tom Barrett”

Tom thanks so much for he help. Just curious if the bolted end is attached or does it move when the door is opened. we are putting together a car that someone else dismantled.

Dave

Dave,

The cowl end of the strap with the eye slides in and out as the door moves. The bolt only acts as a stop pin for the strap.

Tom

Horror of horrors

I used Model A Ford ones on my 1929 Club Brougham. Worked fine.

Jak

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.