EE3 choke rod

Home Page Forums Engine EE3 choke rod

Tagged: 

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am trying to sort out the choke on my ’35 845 Eight. I have become suspicious that the rod connecting the choke lever to the lever on the carburetor was modified and may have been shortened. As shown in the picture it measures 13″ eye to eye. The Stromberg manuals don’t seem to specify the length, but the parts illustrations seem to show a different end on the choke side of the rod. I found a reply to this question in the 1977 PASB issue 3, page 8 that says the rod on an 836 is 14″.

Sitting at room temperature the choke plate on mine is cracked open about a third.

Thanks for any help, Jim

lower rod end

Jim,

I am showing the same choke rod for ’33-’38.

You can get one here and they are a work of art.

http://www.packardtwelve.com/shop/carburetor-individual-linkage-parts-ee-3

The give away it is wrong is the lack of the PACMAN clip at the bottom. (or the top in my pic)

Thanks Bill, that explains it. The original owner of mine must have had problems with it and tried to modify it before giving up and installing a manual choke. In my box of parts when I got it was a manual choke bowden cable and a bracket on the air cleaner to mount it. The car was from Wisconsin so choking a pretty serious issue! It also had a gasoline fired Southwind heater. My Dad had a block heater for his Studebaker to keep it warm all night when we lived there in the ’60’s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.