Fake Open Cars For Sale.

Home Page Forums General Fake Open Cars For Sale.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Just a short note for the general membership. While I won’t go into details, currently there are two FAKE cars being offered for sale as “factory bodied” cars. Both were closed cars converted to open cars. One is an early eight, the other is a late style twelve. I will not comment on year, color, location, body style, or any other details to protect the club and myself from unwanted negative attention. BUYER BEWARE! On ANY open Pierce car. Ask the experts BEFORE you commit to buy. My best, Ed.

Packards suffer the same dangers. Some ‘conversions’ are very well done. These are often sold outside the area of the normal carbuff habitats.

It’s interesting that the car Peter posted has in the ad that the PAS has some kind of approval or comment on the cars history. As far as I know, the club makes no such comments or determination. Maybe a letter from the club’s attorney should be sent to the seller stating such. Ed

I sent an email yesterday instructing the OneStopMotors.com Customer Service to remove all reference to the Pierce-Arrow Society from the advertising of the Franken-Pierce.

I did point out that the PAS endorses NOTHING, especially HIGHLY questionable vehicles such as the one they have displayed.

If that does not work, we will loose the castle dogs, err, I mean the Attorneys. ;-)

As of this writing, the Franken-Pierce web listing has not been edited.

4.5 million dollars?….

Did they think they found the last silver arrow left?….

What kind of legal repercussions would happen if someone paid that kind of money for a car that was never disclosed to be a re bodied car?…

Isn’t that called fraud?…

Thanks to all you guys who are watching the scene. Roger

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.