Felt body pads

Home Page Forums Body Felt body pads

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is there a listing of what thickness felt went between the frame and various body panels? Or was it whatever it took to align the panels? Jim

Jim, there were diffrent materials used between the frame and body sill, and what was used on the wood and sheet metal. What are you trying to shim?

Ed, Between the inside flange of the front fenders and the top of the frame rail, and further back, on the panel between the running board and body there was evidence of felt on top of the frame. Jim

The series 80 cars I’ve disassembled had various layers of 1/8″ thick woven material, like rubberized heavy fabric.

The number of layers varied from side to side and car to car. They were used to get the door openings square, and body aligned with the frame.

Greg

I agree with Greg, it should be a conveyor belt type of material. I also have seen a hard type of large and thick hood lace material that is woven. We make our own from heavy rubber belt of diffrent thickness, and compress them over one year ahead of time to get them to set. My 35 was done this way 25 years ago and it is still in perfect alignment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.