Fenders

Home Page Forums Body Fenders

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

UNBELIVEABLE

Yesterday an acquaintance of me told that it may be an antique automobile fender on the loft of an old city building which a company was on their way to empty before rehabilitation.

Today I went down to the city to check out. Guess what I found? Of everything in this world – a Pierce-Arrow front fender and two rear fenders. I think they belong together. Unused – new old stock…! On the front fender there also was the brass label with the part number. I do not have that much knowledge of Pierce-Arrows from the time round 1920 as I estimate is the time period for these fenders.

Does anyone have part books in which you can find the part no. of the fender and then the year and model they belong?

The front

The brass label

One of the rear fender – the right side

Inside the rear fender – also the right side

Great find! I’d guess Model 80 fenders, but someone will know better than I.

I think I have a Pierce parts tag in my memorabilia collection, but never seen one attached to a part! I’d sure be interested in buying that tag if it ever gets separated from the fenders…

Fantastic find! I just checked my photocopy of a 1918 48-B-5 parts list and was surprised to find how many different RF (right front) fenders were available, including different units for cars equipped with Westinghouse air shocks. The closest number is 46695 (four digits off), and most are in the 50nnnn series.

I’ll hazard a guess that this is a 4th series (1916-18) fender, but could be 38/48/66.

Thank you George!

Here is an enlarged photo of the front fender. As to my red arrows that I have marked on the photo, indicate that there are no holes to fasten the fender to the chassis frame, nor to the running board. Could that mean that these fenders were standard for several models/series? Could it be that the shops themselves should drill the holes as to what models needed a new fender? I have also put on two blue arrows pointed on two round headed screws holding a pipe on the inside for the electric cables to the headlight.

So what to do with the fenders? Scrap them? I do not think anybody in Europe need them?

Not recommended to scrap Pierce-Arrow parts.

Olvind,

You should post them on the PAS Emporium and see if anyone is interested in buying them.

The shipping across the pond would be dear, but who knows what someone will pay to have them.

Peter

Please do not scrap them. They would look beautiful as garage wall hangings,

How much do they weigh?

Oivind,

The Pierce Arrow fenders in your photos appear to be for a Series 3 through Series 31-51 which would cover the years of 1914 through 1920 as the

Series 3 cars came out in mid 1914.I would strongly advise you to place them in the PAS Emporium and they will no doubt sell quite quickly.

I think Oivind’s guess that the lack of mounting holes suggests that the fenders could be used on several different models with the local shop drilling holes as needed for the specific application.

I counted the many RF fenders (PAMCC called them “guards”) with integral headlight housings for 48-B-5, and found **17* different unpainted ones, and *13* different painted fenders. Cars with fender wells, or Westinghouse air springs, or both were ssome of the variables.

I am sure that these fenders will be an easy sale! They must NOT be scrapped!

Sorry…! I promise that I will not scrap them. As I mention that I was thinking of the costs having them shipped over to US again. As a matter of facts it will be a little more than in 1915-16… I also know it is hard to find fenders like that.

Enclosed is an advertising from the Norwegian agent in 1916. The name Kristiania was the old name of Oslo.

On the two first photos you also will see two other types of fenders. Could that be for a Buick mid-twenties?

What an amazing find!

Just imagine some poor chap in your shoes trying to completely resurrect a late teens Pierce and seeing these fenders for sale.

I’m sure you would have been elated to have a set like this for your car when you were putting it back together. :)

And that Pierce part number tag is a find in its own right.

William D. Scorah – twice I have received mail to you in return! Have you got a new mail adress? Please contact me.

Oivind

Oivind,

I sent you a message today to your address at the bottom of your message.Did you ever get my note with the applications for the fenders?

Bill

Bill,

I received Your Message on dec. 20 and answered the day after (2 photos enclosed). And again I received the Message “from the system”” –

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender…!”

Oivind,

Did you receive the message I sent a couple of days ago when I replied?

Bill

Bill,

The last Message I received on Dec. 20 was; “Message received! I told Rodney about the fenders…””

The day after I emailed two photos. Did you ever received them? (I then got the Message: “”Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender…!””

Oivind.”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.