Fine lady

Home Page Forums General Fine lady

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’ll bet that fine lady from Georgia’s first name is LIZ.

You read my mind! I bet you can’t say enough good things about her? If we

all contributed at the level of Bob and Liz (not to ignore the Society’s many

other heavy lifters), we’d be so successful that we’d have to abandon our

non-profit status.

Dave, I trust you made it home OK with the Lincoln?

Ken, there are two Dave Stephens/Stevens in the PAS. Dave Stephens is NOT from Michigan.

Whoops…done that before too.

Yes, I’m from St. Louis, MO.

And I’m from Michigan!

Yes Ken, the ’67 Continental made it to the Colorado VMCCA Tour and then home without any further incident. The double Cardan u-joint driveshaft was repaired on Monday, installed on Tuesday morning and we arrived in Loveland CO 1,200 miles and 30 hours later. Total for the trip was 6,052 miles in really hot weather until yesterday.

The machine shop bill of $635 was the only down side, but given that we were 2,400 miles from home it was a lucky bargain. If Pierce-Arrow had built a car in 1967, they probably would have been the other car using that complicated u-joint driveshaft setup.

Our “alternate 462″” never skipped a beat. In a month we’ll be exercising the other 462 in our 1247 at the Gathering at Gilmore. I hope you’ll be doing the same with yours!

Dave”

I forgot to look at your Lincoln at Rohnert Park; I really like those.

My Dad had a 1972 Buick Electra 225 that used a double joint on the differential end of the drive shaft. I remember replacing it once.

Dave, thanks for the update. We’re so glad things worked out coming home.

Well Dave Stevens, I will be at Gilmore one way or another. Bill Morris is coming over over the weekend to give my car a shakedown drive and we’ll see what happens. The thread on new tires is very timely as I will probably drive the Pierce to Gilmore if I wind up taking it. We’ll find out what the little pops in the exhaust are all about.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.