First Road test

Home Page Forums General First Road test

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi all. I had the chassis and engine complete for some months now for my 836-A, but didn’t have it out of my shop. So after the Gathering at the Gilmore this weekend I got energized and thought I should make a seat.

I also thought that my power brake unit wasn’t functioning properly.

What fun. I went up and down my country road and put the engine under load to seat the rings. Kind of hairy though with only the steering wheel to hang on to and no seat back. Anyway the engine has great power and the brakes did function correctly. Thanks Bill Morris for your tips.

Hi Cal, good to see you again at the Gathering. And to see your very nice ’29 Pierce.

Could you post a photo of your 836A’s running, driving chassis? I’m sure many of us would like to see it.

If you wear a leather cap with built in goggles, and a white scarf around your neck, it would complete the daredevil image for all of us.

I’m glad to read that your engine is running well, and that the brakes are working well. Your power-to-weight ratio must be pretty impressive, about double or triple what it is when the body is on the chassis with a full interior.

Greg Long

thanks for the day long ride at the gilmore meet and congratulations on the huge steps forward in your new restoration. what a thrill the ride must have been!!!

Pictures! Video! Such an interesting topic.

Calvin,

Contact Paul Morris for details on what in needed to upload photos.

I had to reduce the size of a number of my photos to upload.

Peter

picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Where’s your seat belt? Hold on tight, those box seats can be expensive!

Thanks for sharing Calvin. The coil through the firewall is icing on the cake!

That looks like more fun than Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.

All right! Now we’re motorin’!

Well to be safe I didn’t drive it any faster than it would go.

Greg, I looked up a leather aviators cap with goggles. My wife nixed the $46 cost. Oh well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.