FOR SALE: 1928 Model 36 7 Passenger Touring Car – $69,500 OBO

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell FOR SALE: 1928 Model 36 7 Passenger Touring Car – $69,500 OBO

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Well maintained, older restoration. New brakes. Recent new original style honeycomb radiator. The majority of the brightwork was recently restored

The interior is in very good condition, with the only defect being a mysterious pinhole in the roof. The exterior paint is quite nice, with the only blemishes in the high wear areas.

I am assisting the owners (PAS Members) with the sale of this fine car due to health issues. Please email for more photos, and with any questions (I will reply with a cell #) Mark Ohlau iflyu2there(at)yahoo.com

There is also a 20′ enclosed trailer available which could be included in the purchase. $3800

I noted that Mr. And Mrs. Kuhn’s email contact appears in the posting. You will get a much quicker response if you contact me initially, as they do not have the opportunity to check, or respond to emails very often.

Please respond to my email address in the above posting.

This car has been sold, and will be moving to the north coast of California! Could not be happier with the new owners, and the Kuhn’s know it will be well cared for!

Thanks to the PAS for allowing me to post this car.

Mark, thanks for the kind words. The car will be going to Arcata on the north coast of California. As far as I know, the only one in the area. We are very excited to have purchased the car. It is quite evident that Walt and Kathryn cared greatly for it.

I have been a PAS member for a number of years, but until now had not owned a Perce-Arrow. Donna and I went to our first PAS meet in Minden last year and were very impressed with the friendliness and hospitality that other members showed us. We rode and drove several Pierces and had a great time. We are looking forward to future meets and tours with the car.

Dave White

Dave,

Congratulations on your new acquisition! These are marvelous cars and this looks like a particularly fine example in an absolutely lovely color combination. I fell in love at first sight, but we’re tight on space and cash at present. Enjoy!

Once again this shows that the best place to sell a Pierce is within the Society…at realistic prices. Some recent auction results for members that didn’t go this way resulted in them getting burned for going outside.

Dave Stevens

Since the Whites have stepped from behind the curtain, I can now thank them publicly.

Selling this car for the Kuhns was a task that I really did not look forward to. Exacerbating my concern was that prior to listing the car with PAS, we had only had one potential buyer, who shall we say was not an equitable man, but I did enjoy showing him the front gate! So, get to work on the PAS ad. A few days later Dave and Donna reply, and the rest is history! Working with Dave and Donna during this difficult time was a complete pleasure, and I thank them for their patience, and making this deal easy to do. It was a good feeling to know that when we shook hands on the deal, it was going to happen just as we agreed.

With a heavy heart, I report that our good friend Walt Kuhn passed away Thursday morning, May 22. I greatly enjoyed touring with Walt and Kathryn over almost two decades. I was fortunate enough to be able to have a last telephone conversation with him Wednesday afternoon.

It’s my understanding that, at Walt’s request, there will be no services.

RIP, my friend….

>> I have been a PAS member for a number of years, but until now had not owned a Perce-Arrow. Donna and I went to our first PAS meet in Minden last year and were very impressed with the friendliness and hospitality that other members showed us. We rode and drove several Pierces and had a great time. We are looking forward to future meets and tours with the car.

It is so good to know that Walt Kuhn died after his Model 36 was sold to a couple for their first Pierce-Arrow. I don’t know if Walt new this, but I hope he did. It’s the way that Pierces should change hands — from one enthusiastic hobbyist to another who will drive and tour and love and take care of the car.

Very nice post Scott-maybe we will we you in Warwick? just 6 weeks away now.

Our prayers are with Walt Kuhn and his family-John and Sue

Very sorry to hear of the passing of a PAS member.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Kuhn family.

We dealt with a good friend of Walt’s while looking at and purchasing the car. He filled Walt in on who was buying the car and Walt approved the sale to us, so I believe Walt knew we were first time P-A owners. We did not have the opportunity to meet or talk to Walt because of his illness. When we picked the car up yesterday, we did talk to Kathryn (initially not knowing Walt had passed the day before) about their adventures with the car, and what history she knew. Great people.

I have been asked by one of the PAS members to delete this thread, as the car has been sold. After reviewing the posts, I will allow the PAS webmaster to make that decision, as it seems that there are some nice comments about the new owners, and the Kuhn’s.

It was my privilege to be a “junior member” of the PAS during the time this car was for sale. Very classy group of people, with a common passion for some very classy automobiles!

I did not have a photo of the Kuhn’s together with the Model 36, so I have posted one of Walt with my lovely bride standing in.

I can’t imagine why this post should be deleted. It’s directly related to PA’s and a new owner. I would welcome the new owners to the club but they have been members for quite a while, so I will say congratulations on the purchase of a very nice automobile! Hope to see it on the road at a meet in the future. My best, Ed

Ed,

Thanks for the welcome. I think I joined PAS around 1993 (if I read the roster correctly)and have been looking for the right P-A since, so ownership has been a long time coming. On Memorial Day, we gave rides to neighbors, friends and kids and had a great time with the car.

The next few PAS meets are on the east coast so I doubt we’ll drive the car that far, but should get it to the next west coast meet. I have been really impressed with the hospitality of the PAS members I have met and spoken to. A great group to be a part of. Dave

Congratulations on the purchase of a very nice Pierce.

Although my Pierce has been in the family since the early 60’s my first meet was in ’06 in Minden.

I, too, was awestruck by the warm welcome and genuine welcoming attitude we received.

You’d be hard pressed to find a nicer and more giving group of people.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pierce Arrow ownership. :)

Dave,time sure goes by fast, I first considered joining the PAS in 1981 at age 15 when I met Larry Gould while working on my 1931 Cadillac Coupe and he gave me a membership application. I didn’t even have a drivers license yet. I finally joined in the fall of 1987 at age 21…..I was always the young kid at all the meets for years on the east coast. 27 years later I am no longer the youngest regular member, but after attending so many national meets (20 of them now) and Hershey I think I qualify as an old timer. Larry is still an active member of the New England Region and is now in his early 90’s. It’s been a great adventure and I have met so many great car people from all over the US. The only thing I would change is I should have joined in 1981! Of all the car clubs I have been a member of the PAS is the BEST. Hope to see you all in Rhode Island. Ed

How satisfying it is to see such a perfect outcome to a challenging situation. Mutual support is clearly the name of the game at PAS. Roger Sherman

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.