Front Break Dust Cover

Home Page Forums Chassis Front Break Dust Cover

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am in need of the passenger side front brake dust cover for my 1928 Fleet Arrow wagon and am not sure if they were interchangeable with any other models or not. If anyone has a spare they would like to sell or a contact where I could find one it would be great. The attached photo is the front driver side but I am looking for the front half on the passenger side.

Are the brakes interchangeable with the Series 80?

If so, the Series 80 backing plates should work.

The Fleet Arrow utilizes a modified Series 36 front axle assembly. Mike, take a look at page 22 of your parts manual and you will find that you need cover 119197 which fits your front right and left rear. Surprisingly, the Series 36 cover is different (105816). Pictorially, the Fleet Arrow cover has a lip on the OD that wraps around the drum. The Series 36 does not seem to have this lip. As both the Series 36 and FA use brake drum 105815 it seems likely that you may be able to substitute the Series 36 cover.

Perhaps some kind soul will loan you their Series 36 front right or left rear cover for a fit check.

The Series 36 parts manual I have is dated May 1, 1927. The improved cover (119197) may have been used on the later Series 36 cars. I find it hard to believe that this cover is unique to the FA.

Charles, This photo is of the pass. front side cover of my 1928 Series 36 touring. Sorry I couldn’t get a better angle. If you need any more photos, let me know.

My Series 36 Parts Manual shows that the cover fits the right front side and the left rear side.

Looks like I need to do some cleaning…….

Dave

Thanks Guys, it sure looks like your series 36 touring would fit David. I’m not sure but it also looks like yours has the same lip on the OD as on my truck. Gives me hope that there may be one out there somewhere, now I just have to find it.

Comparing the photos, they look the same to me. I got a lot of spare parts with my car, but no front axle or brake parts. Good Luck on the hunt! The first person I would check with is Pat Craig in Stockton, CA.

Dave

Thanks David, I will contact Mr. Craig for starters.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.