Front Door Handle Removal

Home Page Forums Body Front Door Handle Removal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I would like to remove the outside front door handle on my ’29.

We have never had a key for the door and I would like to take it to a locksmith I found that has been in the business for almost 50 years.

It would be great to finally have a key to be able to lock up the car when we go somewhere.

My question is, do I just remove the two screws on the outside and the handle slides right out?

Or is there some sort of retainer/clip that holds the handle into the door latch assembly?

On the later cars, there’s no retainer, the two screws on the outside hold the handle in place. There’s a square shaft attached to the handle that slides into the door latch mechanism, no retainer or clip.

I’d bet yours is the same….

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot.

I just didn’t want to pull on the handle and break anything in the door.

It will be nice to have a key after fifty-some odd years of owning the car. :)

my 1929 came off the way David says.The lock cylinder on my car had totally disintergrated. I did the rough house solution & fitted a Model A Ford handle! At least I can now lock the car. Here in OZ there are NO Pierce experts to notice it!

Handle came off exactly as David said.

Now it’s time to take it to the locksmith and see about having a key made. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.