Gathering at Gilmore 2013.

Home Page Forums General Gathering at Gilmore 2013.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Reports are it was another great meet, they even has six Peerless cars show as well. I am sorry I missed it this year, but I will be there next year. See photo from Sunday’s car show below. Other members who attended please post more photos, Thanks, Ed.

Just got home from another great Gathering at Gilmore.

We left Troy at 5:30 AM Saturday morning and arrived at the Comfort Inn about ten to eight.

Though our intention was to ride with someone, Dave Stevens graciously allowed us to drive his ’33 limo for the tour on Saturday. He specifically told me NOT to put any gas in it for it had enough for the tour and the trip to the museum the next morning. WRONG!

The first stop of the tour was to see the Parfet collection of cars and boats at his estate. WOW, what a collection!…

The next stop was Hastings and the village of historic Charleton Park for a little sightseeing and photo ops.

Next we drove into downtown Hastings and right smack into a city parade. Re-routed along a different route we finally arrived the Waldorf restaurant (no, not the Waldorf Astoria!…) where we were treated to a delicious lunch. After stopping at the Riddle collection a certain typographical error caused many of us in the caravan to go the wrong way back to the hotel. After discovering the mistake I headed back the right way only to get about 10 miles from the hotel before we ran out of gas!

(2nd year in a row I might add!) Luckily we managed to get some gas from the fellow that lived in the house who’s driveway we ran into before stopping. That helped us to get to a gas station and back to the hotel.

The dinner was incredible Saturday evening as well as the camaraderie with the Peerless members.

Sunday was beautiful weather and a great turnout for the show. Though I was not privy to who all won for their cars my wife and I were manning the P-A merchandise table for the day.

All in all another great GAG to add to the books. Dave and Dianna did another outstanding job and many rounds of thanks and applause go to them for their efforts. Also thank you to all those who bought the P-A merchandise to help support the museum, I think we did pretty well.

A HUGE thank you to Dave and Diana for hosting this great event for the tenth year in a row!

A swell time was truly had by all, the boat ride with lunch on Lake Michigan was fun, as were the scenic tours and visits to car collections, the Peerless Club members sang their Company song at the Saturday night dinner and the weather cooperated 100%.

Round trip from Cincinnati, and with two full days of tours included, our 1601 covered 900+ miles and ran flawlessly which for us was the “icing on the cake” for this really enjoyable three day meet.

Those PAS members who couldn’t attend this year’s G-A-G really missed-out on a great get together, why not plan ahead and mark your calendars today for next year’s G-A-G August 22-24, 2014.

Dave and Diana continue to do a fabulous job hosting The Gathering. Dave finds great (and new to us) car collections to visit year after year.

Really enjoyed the Peerless folks. Nice group with interesting cars.

Looking forward to next year already.

Happy Motoring,

Rick

After participating in the last 9 “Gathering at Gilmore’s”” one would wonder how Dave and Dee Dee keep it interesting and fresh every year. Well they did it again in their usual outstanding manner. Trish and I along with our two grandsons Matthew and Ethan (12 and 14) have truly enjoyed this yearly must PAS event. If you can’t make a National Meet make sure this one is high on your list of must attends. Even better- come to both.

Another wonderful Gathering. We had several ‘first time’ folks come join us as well as the Peerless Club. It was nice to see the Peerless cars out on the tours.. It’s a very nice automobile.

We had Joe Malone from southern Colorado, and Dave and Kaye Edwards from Bloomington Illinois, I think Dave and Kaye might be looking for a Pierce to join their collection of cars.. And Joe drove my ’33 836, so he should be right at home when he gets his ’34 836A running in a few weeks.

The weather cooperated except for on Thursday afternoon, we had a line of thunderstorms come through that just about drowned Stu and Clara driving up from Cincinnati, and it thoroughly soaked my ’33 836 sitting outside the PAS Museum, while Rick Horne and I worked on the ’30 Club Sedan. But the weather cleared and we had perfect touring weather for the remaining three days..

We saw several new car collections and some new perfect-for-touring country roads. And other than a few cars running out of fuel, there were no breakdowns.

Thanks again Dave and Diana,, another great job!!

Greg Long

Hi y’all—- -from Australia. It sure looks like GAG was a beaut success. The Dave & Diana Show really shines!! Running out of gas in your Pierce-Arrows seems like a ownership hazard!! I have only had mine on the road here in The Land of OZ for 3 months and have already achieved the TRADITION three times!!!!! I MUST do something about the gas gauge system!!! Any advice? Cheers

Jak.

Eddie: I miss the way your Pierce used to look. It reminded me of a pedal car I had when I was little.

A few photos from the Gathering

Another

David Baird’s 1909 Peerless

One of our tour stops

Another

One more, now THAT’s an ENGINE !!

One only, Detroit made car, in the Parfet collection.

Clara Blair and LOKI guarding’ the show field.

Greg, Thanks for the photos! Ed

Yea-thanks Greg!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.