Gathering at Gilmore

Home Page Forums General Gathering at Gilmore

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Having just returned from another great Gathering at Gilmore this weekend, I would just like to say thank you to our hosts Dave & Diana Stevens for another fun filled weekend. Although Kirsten & I missed the Saturday tour due to a late start, it was so much fun re-uniting with friends that we have not seen in a number of years over the Saturday night dinner and the Sunday show & luncheon. I am so thankful to Dave for calling me about this weekend as I had forgotten about what this club is all about. Others may call it a “car club” but it is more than that, it is a family…a family of friends with a central interest in a particular vehicle marque that has been extinct now for over 70 years. I missed seeing all of you, and I am glad to have reconnected with you again, and also making new friends along the way.

I have belonged to other car clubs, but none have come close to the warmth & friendships I have made and shared over the last few years in this group of amazing people. I look forward to next year with a renewed enthusiasm. Thank you so much to everyone who made this weekend possible Dave, Diana, William Morris, Greg Long and everyone else behind the scenes who helped make this another great one for the books.

A big thank you to Dave & Diana for hosting another great Gathering at Gilmore, now in its 13th year!

Logistically, this is a major accomplishment to direct both cars & people down the same scenic roads and keep everyone very well fed plus entertained for 3 1/2 days! And Dave & Diana achieve this every year with ease.

Those PAS members who have attended the Stevens’ patented Gathering in beautiful Western Michigan know what an enjoyable and memorable event this is.

Clara & Stu Blair

Kathy and I had a blast at our first Gathering, and her first Pierce-Arrow event. Thanks to all who planned, worked, and participated!We can’t wait to do it again!

We also had a terrific time. It was our first Gathering as well and it was tremendously enjoyable. Highly recommended for both Pierce-Arrow and ice cream fans!

Jane and I thought this was this was the best Gathering ever! The car collections visited were the usual high-quality. The food seemed especially good. But the highlight, for which I’ll always remember this Gathering was the honor of meeting Colonel Charles Clifton’s granddaughter. And the family scrapbook she brought and shared with us bolstered my opinion of this fine man who so capably ran The Pierce-Arrow Motor Company during it’s best years.

Dave and Diana, Thank you AGAIN!

Dave and Diana, thank you. We had a fantastic time meeting all of you. PLUS the joy of driving a Pierce Arrow for an entire day. It was a joy.

Thanks to all of you for giving us such a warm welcome, it was like we have known some of you for years.

Again, Thank you.

Thanks Dave, Diana and crew for a great time. We enjoyed visiting with old friends and meeting some new ones, not to mention looking at and driving some great cars.

We took a few extra days after the meet to explore the area since neither if us had been in this part of the country. (See next post)

While driving from the ACD Museum in Auburn to South Bend, we noticed some old cars in a restaurant parking lot and stopped to take a look. When was the last time you saw a Duesenberg parked in the parking lot of a local restaurant? There were also about 40 Cords and Auburns. They were on the Hoosier Tour, part of the next weekend’s ACD Festival. A great end for a great week.

Dave

Wow.

It would have been great to see a Duesenberg out in the wild and not in a museum or car collection.

Hopefully you took plenty of pictures of all the cars.

Here’s the best I could do for an overall picture of the group. The cars were parked close together and there were lots of people looking at them. I did get a few decent shots. I was lucky to get a clear shot of the Duesie.

This was also my first time at a Pierce Arrow event, being a new member. I don’t know whether to be more flabbergasted by the cars or the membership! I never anticipated running into such nice, welcoming people. I also can’t get over the generosity of the people letting me ride in their Pierces, and even letting me drive a few! I definitely will be going to the meeting in St. Louis next year, and attending these events whenever possible. I simply couldn’t get over the people, and one thing that will stay in my mind is that when we were out touring on Saturday, and while making an ice cream stop, one of the members was having engine trouble. You could just see the others, as they turned into the lot, looking over, and chomping at the bit to come over and help the stalled member out. The way these people share information and help each other out is absolutely amazing! I’ve also decided to join the museum, as I really like being part of this group!

Kenneth, thanks for sharing your positive experience of the GAG and with PAS members. The highlights you sight are what drive the participating membership….. and the folks who put on these annual events.

Spread the word to your friends!

Best-John

John,

How about”cite”the highlights,vice”sight”?

Bob, your posts are often in depth and exemplary. I appreciated seeing you, Diane and your 1937 EDL in Kerrville.

Enjoy Labor Day weekend

Bob,

While we are at it, how about “versus” “vice”?

Also, do you prefer the “?” inside or outside of the parentheses?

Peter

Peter,

Actually, I prefer vises to pedantry.

Eye’d love to comment, but the breaks on my car aren’t working, so it shutters when I hit the petal. The previous owner past, sew eye whish I could ask hem, butt that’s water over the damn.

Now that the spelling and vocabulary lessons are over, I want to thank Kenneth for posting his experiences at the Gathering. I too really enjoy the western Michigan tours.

Sharing our knowledge and techniques to keep our Pierce Arrow cars on the road and running correctly, is a great joy for me, it is fun to get one running again, or running better.

Greg Long

Now I just have to find a Pierce!

Ken,

Just stay tuned to the Emporium. Most Pierce-Arrows offered for sale appear here before other publications. It’s one of the many benefits of membership.

Bill

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.