Gear Shift tower

Home Page Forums Chassis Gear Shift tower

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have successfull dismanted my 836 doors, thanks to Richard Shuffield and David Tyminski’s help. They seem in really good shape with only one broken spring in the inside window riser. Thanks again.

I am now tackling the gearbox and am trying to figure out how to remove the cap that holds the gearshift lever in place. Does it unscrew, does it have pins, do I just need a BFH? It looks to have a taper. Mine is too rusty to tell much.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I have an 836 and an 840A. The cap unscrews, very fine thread,lots of penetrating oil.

Best,

Bob Jacobsen

Bob,

Thank you very much.

Bill

Hi Bill, Mix you up some ” home brew” 50% ATF and 50% ACETONE in a one gal can with a lid. Get a cheap paint brush and soak that gear box every day for a week before trying to unscrew the part. It took along time for the part to get rustry and it will take some time to break it loose and not damage the part. These Pierce-Arrows are OLD and parts are hard to find . Better safe than sorry. Good Luck. Richard.

Hi Bob, I have the shutter assy. you sold me mounted in the shell, it looks good to me. Richard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.