Gemmer Steering rebuilding

Home Page Forums Chassis Gemmer Steering rebuilding

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello —

A short time ago, I think someone in the Club posted an ad in the Emporium for rebuilding the sloppy Gemmer steering boxes that plague 1929 and 1930 Pierces. Does anyone have his name? The ad is gone.

What I really want to know is if the Gemmer steering box on a 1928 Model 36 is the same as on a 1929/1930 Eight Pierce, and is therefore rebuildable.

Thanks — Scott

Hi Scott, John Cislak posted the box rebuild project. He had an open house at his shop yesterday with the New England PAS region on hand. (About 50 people.) The Gemmer box overhaul was shown and explained. Call him at 413-543-9017 eastern business hours. Good luck. Ed

Scott, I have a 1927 Series 36 EDL and I also had problems with the steering box. I ended up buying an old one from one of the club members and rebuilt it myself. It really depends on where the problem is. If it is in the gears then it becomes a little more challenging. Mine was rusted and very badly pitted. If yours is in this condition then finding a suitable replacement gear becomes the biggest issue. The replacemnet of the gear is not an impossible chore but can be demanding. If you are going to attempt the rebuild yourself let me know and I can get you a copy of the overhaul procedure. Good Luck.

BTW, I am looking for some parts for my car and would appreciate any help you might be able to offer. I am looking for the jump seats, the vanity, the horn and the frosted glass in the rear seating compartment dome light. If you have any spares or know of anyone who might have them please let me know. My phone number is 760 317-7537.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.