Great news!

Home Page Forums General Great news!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

General Motors has just issued a press release, the company is going to revive the Pierce Arrow marque of automobiles!

Rights to the name have been secured, and production begins April 1, 2018!

Rights to the name “Silver Arrow” were not acquired, however, so the first model sold will be a Narrow Sliver……close enough, I guess…

Great news!

Today isn’t just Saturday…….

That would be great for GM. They could reverse engineer a Pierce and learn something about quality.

Dave, I’d be happy to sell you a bridge in Brooklyn that you can drive the first production model across!

Kenneth, thanks for offer, but Mama didn’t raise no fool. I’ve already bought the only bridge in Brooklyn that was on the market, just waiting for my Western Union payment to clear the bank…..

David,

Only on today do you get forgiven for this ……..

David, this was good stuff-thanks for the chuckle and all the responses too!

As soon as I get my check from the Nigerian Minister of Finance I’ll buy one…

It’s a nice thing that we can all enjoy April 1. I also see that the state of Wyoming has just released a test head of Kangaroos to be used for hunting purposes in the future. Nice job Wyoming!

Guess who really is an April fool?

Cheers

Jak

born 01/04/1939. Explains a lot!

Thank you to all guys who celebrate it every year. Good fun! And no I do not want to buy a bridge I have 78 already!

Happy Birthday yesterday, Jak! And that’s no joke!

Jak, I am envious of you for having the best B-day “DAY”” of the year! I bet you have had some fun with it. I hope you had a nice April Fools day.”

Gents & Ladies,

Did you see this April Fools Day commercial?

It is quite cute!

Peter

http://www.lexus.com/lanevalet/?gclid=CJjSiOzriNMCFcJrNwod0a0Emg&gclsrc=ds

You just know there will be plenty of people that will fall for that commercial.

I like the Lexus idea! It’s a lot less messy than the 50 caliber option I had envisioned…..

Actually, people slower in front of me don’t bother me NEAR as much as someone two feet behind my rear bumper…

The old saying is that anyone driving slower than you is stupid, and anyone driving faster than you is an idiot, because only YOU are driving the perfect speed….

On a similar note, did anyone see this article on today’s Hemmings Motor News online blog this morning:

Ford to launch e-Dsel electric vehicle division

Dave LaChance on Mar 31st, 2017

[Editor’s note: The information in this story was leaked to us with the understanding that we wouldn’t publish it until after 12:01 a.m. on April 1, but since we don’t publish a Saturday Daily, we’re opting to run it early.]

Ford Motor Company is poised to launch a new division to build fully electric vehicles, Hemmings Motor News News has learned. The new division will be called e-Dsel, putting a high-tech spin on a widely recognized name, and will make its debut in a locked room in the bowels of the Javits Center at the New York International Auto Show in April.

Corporate insiders revealed that the new e-Dsel division will offer a range of four sedans, to go on sale on September 4 of this year. Judging by the leaked studio shot of a pre-production prototype shown here, these will feature retro-inspired styling. There will also be an SUV, a pickup truck, a delivery van, a moped, a garden tractor, a unicycle, a pogo stick and a line of designer earbuds, all offered under the e-Dsel brand.

The e-Dsel Division is the result of a $4.5 trillion investment in electrified vehicles announced by Ford earlier this year. Production will take place at the automaker’s Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan, which plans to add at least seven new jobs, some of which will be part-time. HMN has learned that the technology the vehicles will employ will rely on electric motors and batteries of some kind, and that the cars will have a range enabling them to make it from one charging station to another, so long as they’re no more than 25 miles apart.

The new name is certain to stir controversy, and has already generated some dissent at corporate headquarters. Many alternatives, such as Utopian Turtletop, The Intelligent Whale and “Mercury,” were considered before e-Dsel was arrived at. “Look, we all know this is commercial suicide,” a source, who was calling from under a table in the boardroom, whispered. “We’re not idiots. But Fieldsie [Ford president Mark Fields] was absolutely insistent – apparently, his uncle Failor Olp once had an Edsel, and he had fond memories of it. Uh-oh, I think he heard me. Gotta go.” Executive Chairman William Clay Ford Jr. was also rumored to be lobbying heavily for the choice, wishing to have his grandfather’s name remembered in a better light.

GTB, Ford’s advertising agency, is believed to be working on an animated rendition of Edsel Ford in a Tron-inspired outfit, to be used in a massive television ad campaign.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.