Group of 20-30’s cars on ebay, Including ’31 Pierce

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell Group of 20-30’s cars on ebay, Including ’31 Pierce

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Looks like a museum or something like is liquidating. Along with this 31 is a Cadillac V16 and a Peerless. I am sure the reserve is a long way from the $200 starting bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-Other-Makes-Redone-/152313319679?forcerrptr=true&hash=item237694d0ff:g:Mr4AAOSwcUBYJNdm&item=152313319679

Reserve is over $ 50,000

Model 41, I believe, and could bring good money, museum cars are a crap shoot, great that they were indoors so long, but misery on the mechanicals…..

Gents,

For giggles, check out the other vehicles that seller has up for grabs.

The color combinations of the “modified” cars are garish at the minimum.

Take a look at the Auburn, Cord and REO, UCK

The exterior colors are strange and many of the interior colors are downright gauche, like purple mohair!

The Lincoln is nice on the exterior, but the interior is WAY too RED!

Peter

Even the Pierce-Arrow color combo is more than a bit over the top.

Also, David is correct about the mechanicals being a crap-shoot.

Take a look at the engine compartments of the puppies, WOW, are they a mess, or what?

Would you really want to buy one of these, sight unseen?

Sure, I’d buy one…but discounted heavily for color and interior choices (I liked the Auburn until I saw the interior), and as nice a building as they are in, and as desirable as they are, figure the balance of the “restorations” are marginal at best. Collector had good taste in selection of marques, poor taste in other areas…..

With that kind of upholstery, I am shocked not to see some shag carpet. David, that interior would take quite a while to bring back to tasteful, eh? It does look like a UUR2 carb, at least. Gotta love the color choice on the head.

It does have a PAS medallion on the front end. Is this in the register somewhere?

To describe the color combinations and interiors as garish is an understatement.

They look like they were done by someone in the late 70’s early 80’s using what they thought elegant cars would have looked like originally.

Either that or they had Liberace do some design work for them.

It would take a pretty penny to bring those cars back to their former beauty and stature.

A couple of cars should have met reserve by now, such as the Franklin, although the bid of 19,999.99 seems a little suspicious to me, as if it were shill bid to that and reserve is 20K. I’d think the 28K for the Pierce, as it sits, is getting close to all the money, but that’s just opinion. An interesting selection of cars, a high hopes seller, marginal condition/quality of restoration….it’ll be interesting to follow more…

I’m just curious, are the engine vent door supposed to be chrome on that Pierce-Arrow?

They were chromed on my very late 1930 Model C sedan. Don’t know if that was factory-correct original, but it looked nice.

My ’29 Model 143 ED Limo has factory chrome hood doors.

Thanks for the info!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.