HCCA website

Home Page Forums General HCCA website

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

This is somewhat off topic but I’m sure many of you check out the HCCA website now and then.

For about a week now I can’t see the Classified ads. Is this just me or are they having troubles? I wrote to Brad the webmaster who usually writes back promptly, but this time I’ve heard nothing.

Same here…….I can’t get in to any of it. ??

Let us know if you hear back from Brad……

I was just on it, however, I could not get on it a few days ago. The ads appear to have lost pictures and the Discussion board has lost recent posts.

Just tried now, Saturday evening 9:30 pm EDT. Can’t get to the classifieds.

Never heard back from Brad. . . .

Scott, I have been able to get to the HCCA website all afternoon and evening, including classifieds. I cleared my history and cache just to make sure I wasn’t getting a stored copy. However, There are no posts past June on the Discussion Board and some pictures have disappeared out of the classifieds. I tried to log on to post on the Discussion Board and got a page unavailable message, so something is going on. Have you tried contacting Brad through the HCCA Facebook page? If there is a HCCA server issue perhaps his HCCA e-mail may not be going through. -Dave

Scott, here is the response I got from Brad through the Facebook page: Yes Dave … there was. I moved hcca.org to new VPS (virtual private server) hosting and got the ssl certificate moved for horselsscarriage.org, but hcca.org’s ssl cert took longer making https connections not work on hcca.org. Our Website and the Boards should be back working. Unfortunately, I made a backup of the Boards just before the move, but it would not restore on the new server and I had to use the backup from a few days earlier. Unfortunately, one or two Board posts appear to have gotten lost.

Hmm… I still can get on and am getting nothing different than for the past couple of weeks. The error message says “Your Connection is not Secure”, and when I try going in the front door through hcca.org there is no access to the classifieds.

I hate to lose this resource. . . not that I’m actively shopping but it’s just plain fun to see what’s up. And occasionally there is something worth checking out.

I’ll try to contact Brad on Facebook.

Scott, Brad has been responsive through Facebook messaging. I got a message from him a couple of hours ago and he said it all appears to be working. I have been able to access the classifieds and in fact there has been a Pierce-Arrow Conv. Coupe added to it.

Try contacting him through Facebook messaging.

Dave

Hi David, and others —

Thanks for your help on the HCCA website. 8:00 am Monday and I can’t get access.

I’ve not received a Facebook reply from Brad but I agree that in the past he has always been very responsive.

Are you using Firefox or Explorer or some other internet browser?

And if I go to hcca.org, how do I get to the Classifieds? If I click on the Classifieds tab, I get to the page to submit an ad but cannot see how to find the classifieds themselves.

I guess I’m just being stupid about this. Thanks for your patience.

Scott,

Seems to be up and working now. I just logged on. Also the car on the top of the list for sale is a Pierce Arrow!

I use a MAC and Safari for browsing.

Robert

Scott, It has worked OK for me the last several days. I checked this morning and it is OK. Brad did respond to both a post on the HCCA Facebook page and Facebook messaging. I am using Firefox, but also tried MS Edge and it worked there also. Are you using: https://www.hcca.org/index.php ?

Dave

Brad wrote to me and since most others have access through Firefox, he suggested that I “clear my cashe”.

I’ve no idea what that means or why it would help, but after doing so and restarting my laptop, now I can access the HCCA classifieds.

Thanks to all who responded. Much appreciate your advice, as always.

–Scott

I “clear my cash” every time I buy or work on a car!

Oh, wait, you stated “cashe”, which I believe is “cache” in computer speak.

Nice looking convertible coupe on the HCCA site, as mentioned….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.