Help finding my fathers 1932 Pierce Arrow

Home Page Forums General Help finding my fathers 1932 Pierce Arrow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to help me with this.

I’m also trying to locate a car.

In 1958 my father, Berndt Fritzsche purchased a 1932 Pierce Arrow from a garage in Toronto, and chain towed it to his driveway a few miles away. He started the process of disassembling, cleaning and restoring some parts but after a few years realized he had underestimated the enormity of the task. He sold the car, with the help of his friend Ron Fawcett ( Fawcett Motor Carriage Company) to a gentleman in Whitby, Ontario. A few years later, this would be in the early 1960’s my father and I went to visit this man and were able to see the car in its semi finished state. It is this memory, I would have been 6 or 7 years old at that time, that remained with me and fostered my own desire to repair and restore, a hobby I have enjoyed all my life.

My hope is that I can locate this car, meet the current owner and share with them some early pictures and some history that they may find interesting.

According to Dad’s records:

1932 Pierce Arrow ‘B’ 5 Passenger close-coupled sedan
    Serial # 25015 – 71
    8 cyl Engine # 123379

Again, thank you to everyone in this community for any input you can offer

Klaus Fritzsche

Klaus,

PAS records show the car belongs to a former PAS member, Mary Reynolds, in CT. It is possible the car has been sold on.  If you would like her contact information, e-mail me at [email protected]. If you have additional historical information on the car, I can add it to the car’s PAS record.

Dave

Success..!

Yes, the car has been located. It belongs to Dan Reynolds, currently living in Connecticut. He is the son of Mary Reynolds who is the last registered owner listed in the PAS registry. The car is living in storage on a piece of property that Dan inherited from his father. It is in upper Vermont.

I’ve had several conversations with Dan over the past week or so. We are both happy to make each others acquaintance and are making plans for an in person meet up.

I’ll post here again when that happens..!

I want to thank David White for his sleuthing and for putting me on the right track.

Klaus

Klaus,

Glad it worked out.

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.