Hershey Spaces RCh 38-49

Home Page Forums General Hershey Spaces RCh 38-49

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am surrendering the abovementioned spaces back to the Hershey Region. Since the club (David Stevens) has decided to move the PAS and Museum spaces, Ciselak and Minnie cannot pay for the tent, and they are leaving. Bob Sands does not want to move and is surrendering his spots. I inherited these spots from previous administrators, going back around 40 years. Fred Tycher, Bob Lyons, Howard Ehmann (briefly). Greg Long and David Kirchenbauer would probably stay. I would keep one space, just to keep the area going if I could. Anyone wanting to take the 12 spaces, please let me know. I will return them to the Hershey Region around the 20th of this month. 585 739 2917

Tony,

I certainly regret that a significant P-A presence in the Red Field will not be maintained. That is certainly not what I intended nor hoped for when I made the decision to move the 2 Society and Museum spaces near to the center of the Hershey Swap Meet. While those 12 spaces have long been an important draw for PAS members, we have over 50 PAS members who have Hershey spaces each year and a central location is better for them and also for the better exposure available for the Society and Museum in the Chocolate Field.

You were very gracious to give us 2 of your 12 spaces over the last dozen years. While these were still in the center of things when I began volunteering to manage a much needed PAS/Museum presence, that is no longer the case as the Hershey Region has shifted everything away from us in a pretty extreme manner.

I will try to maintain the efforts of yourself, Fred Tycher, Bob Lyons and Howard Ehmann to promote the Pierce-Arrow marque and bring PAS members together.

It is somewhat ironic that thinking back to my early years at Hershey, Howard had a spot in the muddy Green Field that is probably close to our new location by the Giant Center bridge on the East end of the Chocolate Field. I recall back then Bob Sands was on the west end of the White Field. The last year I remember Fred was there he was down the hill in the Yellow Field. I will always be grateful that meeting both Bob and Fred during my first year at Hershey helped lead me into active involvement in the Society. Hopefully we can keep the traditions and memories alive for many years to come. I hope that more PAS members will eventually be able to locate near us in the new area and have requested more spaces to that end.

Thanks for all you have done for us over the decades!

Warmest regards,

Dave

If some arrangements can be made to keep the Red Field location, I would like to have (4) spaces.

David,

You should contact Tony Z.

Peter

David: Talk to Greg Long. Between the two of you, I think you can pull this off. I will hold the space stuff from Hershey Region until I hear from one of you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.