Hilton Head Concours

Home Page Forums General Hilton Head Concours

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Spent a great weekend at the Hilton Head Concours D’elegance.

There where some spectacular cars there. The 3 Pebble Beach winning cars of Sam Mann. 2 Delages and a Voisine.

A Porsche 550 and a 917-30 with 1100HP. Bill Snyders 30 Supercharged Stutz and on and on. Far cry from the past couple of weekends in the mountains with nothing but muscle cars and resto mods. There were noe of them here.

Pierce arrow was well represented with Dan Hanlon’s 31 Model 42 Convertible sedan in the Great Gatsby display and Chip Cofers ’30 1930 A Conv. Coupe w/ rumble seat in the Open Classics, (below).

It was a great and proper show. Just like the old days.

Here is Dans’ car along with a Duesenburg, Auburn V12, RR Phantom I, Cadillac V8 and A Stutz, if I recall

Here is the Best Of Show

Richard Mitchell’s 1929 Stutz Model M Lancefield coupe.

Sorry for the picture quality. I pads can only do so much.

Here is the Pebble Beach winning Voisin

Dan’s Pierce is my old car that I sold to him a year ago last summer. He has done some great improvements, like the new black wall tires, and a beautiful new interior. This is an incredible old car, with 55,000 documented original miles. I miss it very much. I had another picture

Dan sent me with a rear view also.

Its a great car. I like the black wall look. I am sure he enjoys driving it. It would be great to see it in Rhode ISLAND in July. Ed

The popularity of blackwalls appears to be a growing trend among us.

The tires on my 1935 have been changed to blackwalls. It really looks better. When I purchased the car from the original owner in 1950, it still had several of the original Goodyear blackwalls on it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.