Hood corners

Home Page Forums General Hood corners

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Dissasembly has begun and one of the first questions to be asked is: What are the corner covers fo the hood. All four are missing but there is an outline that looks like a triangle. I was told it is called a “snubber”” and it they were made out of leather. Correct? Where do you get these?

Any additional info would be great. A picture would even be better. Thanks. Rick”

Those rubber hood corners protect the finish on the car when the hood is propped up.I believe Steele Rubber may have these.

Yes Seele probably has these, but I think research will prove leather is correct.

special thanks t Bill for giving me my first true crash course on P Arrow. I apreciate all the time he has taken with me and yet, he doens’t know me from Adam.

I know I would be in a far worse state in my restoration if it were not for Bill. Thanks again. :)

I know the corners on my Packards are rubber and I believe the ones on my 1929 Pierce Arrow are rubber.These have been obviously been replaced.The rubber from that time was natural rubber and would eventually break apart.This does present an interesting question that needs further research.

They are held to the hood by a split rivet.Are there any remnants left?

Last I checked, Restoration Supply Company (RestorationStuff.com, 800 306 7008) had hood corners in both black molded rubber and black sewn leather.

You mean like these?… These are not riveted, but screwed on, most likely replaced thru the years as the leather still has some life to it. Located on the front and rear corners of the hood. I treat the leather with peanut oil to keep it supple.

I used small washers and rivets from a supply house in the East, can’t recall names. Rubber ones were ordered from Restoration Supply and Steele, but I think there was a good reason for my selecting leather. I tried to match the color to the leather straps holding the spare tires in place.

Thanks all,

not sure if rubber or leather is correct but at least I now know what the heck they are now. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.