Horn spacer blocks on ’33 836

Home Page Forums Body Horn spacer blocks on ’33 836

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Can some one tell me if there are spacer blocks between the horn and cowl light bracket on a ’33 836? If so are they the same as ’34-’35’s?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Yes there are spacer blocks, I’m not sure if they are the same as a ’34-’35.

There are also spring-steel horn mounts, multiple leaf plated steel mounts with two holes for mounting to the bracket and spacer. Two more holes to mount the horn to the mount.

These spring steel mounts are easily rusted and fatigue, resulting in cracks in the steel leaves. Then the horn falls off, hanging by it’s wire and beats up the paint on the fender, and the chrome on the grill and louvers.

I noticed my right horn mount looked rather rusty, lots of rust stains on the chrome When I touched and flexed the horn, the mount creaked and popped.. all but one leaf were rusted and cracked…

So I removed the horn to prevent damage to the car and horn..

Hence my ‘one-horned’ 836 at last fall’s Gathering at Gilmore..

Does anyone know of a source for the spring-steel horn mounts ?

Greg L

Greg,

Thanks for the help.

I wonder what the spacing is on these from Classic and Exotic Parts

http://www.classicandexotic.com/store/images/Product/large/46.jpg

I wonder if many owners understand the purpose of those spring leaf mounts. The horn will lose most of its volumn when honked if those mounts are replaced with solid metal. The spring steal units isolate the sound wave from being absorbed by the light and fender. Thes can be replaced by the fellow who does the Lalique hood orniments and duplicate Pilot Ray lights. Is it Classic Auto?

White Glove Collection, Richard Blomquist

608-780-8229

The placement of external horns on a salon 1933 vehicle and on 1934 and 1935 cars appears to be the same (most of us do not have a car from each year). The spacer is 1 5/16″ in thickness, has a curved contour with one large and two smaller holes for mounting drilled through the spacer. With two matched spacers, the horns can be attached to the flexible leaves and the parking light attached to the fender to radiator brackets.

Ok, reporting back. I went ahead and bought the spacers that were listed as for ’34-35 and the fit my ’33.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.