How many is enough?

Home Page Forums General How many is enough?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I did not want to completely hijack the other discussion, so I decided to start a new one. I have been curious about how many cars the “average” collector owns. In the PAS, there is a wide range. I think it is safe to say a large portion of members own more than one Pierce and furthermore more than just Pierces (I am guilty as charged). Since I believe in data, about a year ago I asked Hagerty what was the distribution of the number of cars owned by their clients. The table shows the numbers. Of all their clients (far right column), 71.8% own only one collector car. So David, while I agree “having just one seems wrong somehow…..”, we are in the minority in the larger collector car community (which is a nice group to be in ;)

Robert

What is “PCS””? Jim”

How many is enough? Simple question, has a simple answer……..just one more!

Jim, PCS= Private Client Services (https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/private-client-services)

Ed, My feeling has always been “it is never enough!” However, there are moments, like when drinking, that you realize you have had a few too many and need to slow down!

The Hagerty study proves that never have so many been so wrong….

If you count 60’s collector cars, then put me in the 12% category.

If you’re talking only pre-war, then I only have 2 of those.

If you have one woman 10 or 20 cars is about right. However if you have

numerous women one car is all you can afford or pay attention to. Hagerty

needs to study this in depth. I got my figures from “60 minutes””.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.