ignition coil

Home Page Forums Engine ignition coil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Before I start cutting into things and wreaking un-repairable havoc, can someone tell me if the ignition coil can and brackets are basically one assembly that can’t be taken apart? It is obvious from the picture of mine that I have to replace the coil, but I would like to try and retain the annular ring that attaches the coil to the firewall. It looks like there isn’t much choice but to cut it out.

Thanks, for any help.

Last summer one of the coils on my 1933 1247 went out and like you . I wanted to keep it looking original so I cut the front off with a hack saw along with the back end. The inside looks like the inside of a small battery. Clean this out ,bread blast the mounting bracket and paint black. Then go to Napa and get a new 6 volt coil. This should slide into the old mounting bracket. I then used some high temperature calk to hold it in place . My car is a driver so I am not to concerned with how it looks up under the dash, but the engine compartment looks original. Hope this helps Doug Vogel

Sounds like a hacksaw is the plan! Thanks, Jim

The coils on my ’29 slide out of the mounting bracket.

When I was troubleshooting an ignition issue I found that the diameter of the Napa coils was too large to fit into the mounting bracket.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.