Info needed on 1934 Pierce Arrow 12 Running Boards

Home Page Forums General Info needed on 1934 Pierce Arrow 12 Running Boards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Looks like we will have to make the Stainless Running Board Strips. The base metal of the running board is perfect. We also have the new running board rubber. We don’t have any stainless strips.  Can anyone let me know the length of the metal strips? Are there 13 on each side, or more, or less? Can anyone help with the measurements of the strips.

Thanks, Jim Fredrick

Jim,

That depends on the Model.

Please advise and also update your Member Profile to include vehicle information.

This is important to maintain our vehicle database.

Dave Stevens

Hi Jim,

I can’t give you exact details right now (away from my car), but I think I bought ½” ½ oval SS strips for bottom trim (straight cut) and ¼” ½ round top strips for between ridges (most straight cut, 3 tapered one end) from Max Merritt Packard.  There are also bent polished or plated aluminum end moldings (between running boards and welting at front and rear fender joints (horizontal) running up to body lower edge) that are made from “J” extrusions.  Cislak may have some extrusion stock.  There is some difference of opinion as to how many ¼”strips there are, but the parts book says 9 each side, 6 of which are full length, and one each of 12.5″, 29″ and 53.188″ (which seems wrong, since the entire running board is around 53″).  They definitely lay in every other valley on the covers.  I’ll send you three pictures of restored ’34’s –  one with 10, one with 9 and one with 8 top strips.

Bob

WoW, Thanks so much Bob for the info and pics. Jim

I had the long (over 100″) trim moldings made that go along the length of bottom edge from front fender along the running board bottom edge to the rear fender opening. They were one piece easily polished aluminum half oval with bullit ends formed. 3/4″wide seemed to be the right width (mine is an Eight if that makes a difference). They were made by L&L Antique auto trim. Definitely a side business and took several months with little communication, but finally showed up on my door step out of the blue one day. He is pretty affordable, but the biggest expense was overlength shipping, USPS in a 9 ft long PVC tube being by the far the cheapest.

I had to make a lot of little special clips to attach.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.