Installing running board mat

Home Page Forums Body Installing running board mat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am approaching the point of  cutting and attaching the running board mat to the running board on my ’35 sedan. I purchased the extruded mat from the Pierce-Arrow Foundation project several years ago. I see from a past post it was reccommended to use a flooring epoxy rather than contact cement. I was thinking rubber cement.

The mat curls up into the inside corner of the running board so I imagine I will have to rig up some sort of long jig to keep it forced into the corner while drying. Perhaps glue only the curled up length first before gluing down the rest. Cut after glueing?

Any tips/ advice on doing this?

Thanks for any help

Jim

When doing my Lincoln I used commercial adhesive. Used 1″ thick Styrofoam  over the rubber then a piece of 1/2 plywood and clamped it.

Good luck

Thanks for the response! The Buelton meet provided the opportunity to see one solution to the question of how to deal with the inside corner which seems like the best. Cut the thick extruded runningboard rubber along the inside corner and apply a thinner rubber strip that can bend into the corner with an overlap that covers the cut.RB inside corner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.