Insurance

Home Page Forums General Insurance

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Message deleted by original poster

I have been with J.C. Taylor for 46 years. It is necessary for these restrictions, or people would be driving the cars for daily transportation. The policies use to read “…and for occasional other use”. I am quite sure coverage would be provided except for blatant misuse under the terms of the policy. I am particularly fond of J.C. Taylor, they even covered the repaint on my ’31 Pierce after damge by acid rain at the 93 Glenns Falls meet.

Last week the New England region of the CCCA had Tech seminar on insurance. Lots of interesting items were covered. The trip to the mall was one actual item talked about. The broker who sells classic car insurance through 8 diffrent carriers commented most would not cover the car at a shopping mall. He said one might cover the car under those conditions. He sells coverage in 12 states. His number is 413-599-4900. His name is Jeff. I am sure he would be happy to help you out. Tell him I gave you his number.Ed

Stan,

I’ve insured my cars with Hagerty Ins for probably 20 years now, including a 1930 P-A sedan I owned for 9 years and the 1922 4-pass touring I’ve owned for the past 5 (see this year’s National Meet poster, or, better yet, come to the meet and see it in person :)). I drive and tour our cars a lot, including driving the Pierce sedan nearly 7,000 miles one year to, on, and from, various tours, involving many overnight situations, sometimes for two weeks at a time. I’ve never had a claim on either of the P-A’s, but did have one when someone backed out of a parking space without looking and nailed me while I was driving by in my Model T. Hagerty had an adjuster out to see the damage three days later, and a week after that I received a settlement check that was more than fair. All they have ever wanted to know is that I have another “modern” car to use, and am not solely dependent on the antique as a daily driver. I have explained that I do drive it frequently as I enjoy it, but that falls under the occasional use classification. Perhaps my longevity as a customer (with only 1 claim) and the fact that I have 4 cars insured with them gets me a break, but they have always been most accomodating and understanding . I have been very pleased with them.

Stan,

I just noticed you’re located in Arizona. The accident and claim I referred to in my previous post took place on the main street of Tubac, AZ, while we were at our winter place in Green Valley, AZ. I believe the adjuster came out of Tucson. Anyway, Hagerty’s Arizona operation was swift and efficient.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.