Junction Block

Home Page Forums Body Junction Block

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am replacing the wiring harness in my 1601. Noticed the 11 gang junction block is missing 2 female connectors. Any info on a NOS/Used block would be great. Thanks as always

I am not familiar with the junction blocks on the 1601. I have just replaced a number of junction blocks on my 1930. I bought a six-inch square block of bakelite — I think it is 3/4″ thick — and made my own new junction blocks. Cut to shape with a band saw, drilled countersunk holes for the terminal bolts, for which I used brass machine screws, and drilled more countesrunk holes for the mounting screws. Looks just like the originals. I think I got the bakelite from MSC (www.mscdirect.com).

Did the same as Arnold, but I used black DELRIN instead. Also made a matching second block to help connect turn signals and road lights. I used modern replicated cloth covered color coded wire, which I crimped, soldered, and use shrink tubing over th ends of the connectors. I also ran a white #12 ground wire to each fixture. Lights are BRIGHT! Not factory, but very effective.

Thank you both for the info. I will check with MSC for the Bakelite and see who has Delrin.

Cheers

Roger

Check the McMaster-Carr web site they have it and just about anything else that you may need.

Joe

Thank you all for the info

Roger

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.