liscense plates

Home Page Forums General liscense plates

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Those are pretty unusual. I bet they actually are more practical than the metal.

. The rubber would grip your shoe far better than the metal. Especially in the elements.

Peter,

Where did your car get the name Chauncey? I love it. I have named my vehicles since my first. My son scoffs at me while my daughter follows my lead.

My father brought me to work with him when I was around 6. (1966). We walked a lady out to her car when we left. She got in and started calling her car by name. (I don’t remember the name). She looked at me and said “they have to have a name to wake up to. How would you like to wake up each morning without a name”. Made perfect sense to me ! lolol From that day forward, I named my bikes, motorcycles and cars.

As long as the the communication between my cars and myself is an occasional back fire or a mechanical moan or grown, I think Ill be ok. :) The 29 is Aristotle.

Greg, Miss Helen is simply gorgeous.

Greg, this is the Miss Helen that came out of the Bill Pettit collection, correct? I first saw the car when I walked into a clear span warehouse, with 100 or so cars in it, jammed fender to fender. It was like walking into the old Harrah’s collection, so much to see that one glanced over such wonderful cars as Miss Helen. He also had a ’17 r so touring, but I just couldn’t afford it.

While we were there, a friend bought a beautiful original 1910 Reo for short money…Bill offered me the 1910 Stanley behind it, 10HP but wonderful original car, $40K….this was a few years back for sure, but in retrospect, what a bargain…

He also had that strange purple last Duesenberg, ’38 I think, with the funny grill sides on the hood…what a sight…..

Glad you were able to end up with Miss Helen!!

Thanks guys, I’m glad to be the current caretaker of Miss Helen. She currently resides at the Pierce Arrow Museum at the Gilmore in Hickory Corners Michigan.

I hope to be able to bring her, along with one or two other Pierce’s to the ’15 National meet at Buffalo, this coming year.

I understand we will be able to take photos of our cars with the Pierce Arrow Building as background .

Greg L

Photos in front of the Pierce factory? Neat. Maybe we can duplicate this one of Mark Hamburger checking out our 1922 Series 33 taken at the meet in 1959 when the car was in the care of Bob Lyons.

Cool photo!

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.