Lock & Stitch Inc.

Home Page Forums General Lock & Stitch Inc.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Has anyone here ever done business with a company called Lock & Stitch Inc.?…An ad for it was placed on the PAS Facebook page and I need to know if it is just spam, or if it is legit. Ad claims to specialize in the repair of damaged cast iron. They are located in Turlock Ca. The ad claims they are recommended by Jay Leno’s Garage. They are not listed in the parts listing.

It’s a process, used in heavy engine repair, they sell the the product to machine shops. I don’t care for their process, and use a local craftsman to provide the same service. They can not fix exhaust manifolds. I recommend if you need a block or head repair you post photos of it here and we can comment. Do NOT weld any Pierce engine parts.

Curtiss,

I have use Lock & Stitch to repair both cylinders on a Tourist and it worked great. Jim

Curtis, they are a legit vendor in business many years, not spam.

I have used their materials and done it myself on two heads. The older one on our ’47 Hudson has held for over 20 years, the other about 12 years. It does work well!

It takes careful, accurate and patient work. A large bed drill press is a desirable assistant. Work slowly and don’t be chintzy on overlap.

Dave

Thank you everyone for your input. As an administrator for the Facebook page, I have to make sure that any ads posted on the page are legit companies (not scams) and are for the benefit of the Pierce-Arrow members. If you happen to see one posted on the page, and you know it’s history, or you have done business with them in the past, please make sure to comment on the post so I know to keep it there. Thank you.

Curtiss

I have used Lock ‘n Stitch products and processes for years.. They provide a very good product.

I highly recommend their supplies and process.

Greg Long

Curtiss, thanks for all you do on the FB page!

Thank you John, and as always, if any of you have any questions, or suggestions for the Facebook page, please let me know.

We had a piston come through the block on a 1913 Christie engine, the hole was so big I could almost put my head through if! The engine was a 20 liter 4. They did an expert job with no welding or heat to distort the block. I can’t praise them enough, they saved an unreplaceable engine. JAY LENO

PS SORRY ABOUT SAYING CLUB INSTEAD OF SOCIETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious about the difference, I found the following quote by an English teacher about the question of club versus society:

“I don’t think there’s anything fixed, and there’s nothing to stop you using film club/society in either context, but I think club is more likely for younger people and society sounds more ‘grown-up’. “

Whew, I feel more grown-up already!

David,

Because we are Pierce-Arrow devotees, it is a Society.

It is like Brandy versus Cognac.

Peter

Mr Leno

I would like to extend an invitation for you to join our Pierce-Arrow Society Facebook group page. We would be honored to have a celebrity of your caliber on our group page.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/55173146972

The heck with celebrity, we’d be honored to have such a dyed-in-the-wool car guy! The real deal….

I’m late to this party, but I thoroughly endorse Lock-n-Stitch. They saved a block for me and the cost was very reasonable. They are (or were at the time I used them) the casting repair vendor for Peterson Caterpillar and for Northern California Waste Management (major national trash collection firm), both of which have very costly castings among their equipment subject to severe usage.

David,

Everyone who frequents this message board is dyed-in-the-wool car guy.

Also, apropos of Lock & Stitch, before I learned the Hard-Way, I had a cracked cylinder block “furnace welded.”

That repair lasted for 3-days before it went to junk.

Lock & Stitch later saved the day, but it was an expensive lesson.

Peter

Lest any doubts remain, and because you might find this interesting, I offer a link to the web page of a vendor we have used for years. The repair processes they use are very nicely documented and illustrated.

Connecting rod knock the side out of a 10,000 HP engine? wipe out a main bearing saddle? No problem.

http://r-f.com/lock_n_stitch_repair.asp

Jay Leno is a member of The Pierce-Arrow Club, I mean Society. Anybody

who posts here must be a member.

Tony,

As always, you are a HOOT!

Peter

As Membership Chair, I can confirm that Jay Leno is a member of the Pierce-Arrow Society.

Janet

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.