Looking for a mid’s 30’s Hupmobile

Home Page Forums General Looking for a mid’s 30’s Hupmobile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I know this is a PA message board, but I own many cars. Looking for a mid 30’s Hupmobile Aerodynamic Coupe. Know of anyone looking to sell?

Thanks in advance.

tom griffith 608-212-8774

Tom,

I sold a ’34 421J to Georgia Tech about 10 years ago. It had 40K miles on it, original black paint and original upholstery. They likely still have it. Might be worth a call to the architecture department. From what I was told, that is where Raymond Loewy went to school, and they wanted to add that style of car to their museum. It was a neat car with a LOT of interesting features, such as a rear seat ash tray that opened a flap on the bottom when you closed the top. Not PC by today’s standards, but very innovative.

Wish I had that one back after everyone tells me my dream car (second to my Pierce, of course!), a ’34 Packard, is a mechanical nightmare…

Bob

There was a very nice Hupp at the RM sale in Arizona. Are usually don’t spend much time looking at low-end or mid range cars. The Hupp had such a nice styling I spent 10 minutes looking it over. If I remember correctly it was a decent restoration nothing over-the-top and it brought 60 grand.

I have access to a 33 or 34 4 door sedan in original condition, paint and seat covering good to excellent. Should not be restored, but cleaned up and presented as original/used. Engine needs work but all possible. San Jose, California. [email protected] Price will be very reasonable.

I have 2 “Aerodynamic” Hupps. One is an eight cylinder, and the other

is a hot rod. The Hupp Club knows of 35 left. The coupes are very rare.

A ’36 6 cylinder coupe in restored shape is on the market for $85,000.

Hupp only produced 74 cars in 1936. Most of the Hupps built during 1934

and 1935 were not Aerodynamics. Hupp built the first “Aero Car”

designed in a wind tunnel for production. It was introduced Jan 1,1934,

the same day Chrysler introduced the Airflow. I’d kill for an Eight

cylinder coupe.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.