Missing V-12 Pierce

Home Page Forums General Missing V-12 Pierce

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello, just want the membership aware of the fact that a V-12 Pierce has gone missing. The owners and related other parties are quietly looking for it. Please do NOT buy a V-12 car without proper research. Any member who is looking at a car can email me and I will let them know if the machine they are looking at is the car that went missing. Caution! My best, Ed

Ed, This message helps no one or the Society. If a real car has been stolen, give us the info. Or… just what are you trying to share with the members with the above post? Karl

It has nothing to do with the car on the above post, I was contacted about a missing car eight or nine months ago, and was asked not to disclose the information. The car is a known car in the Society, and I just don’t want any members having a problem with a purchase. Recently a west coast member was a victim of a car scam, and he did his homework before making the purchase. Just last week, a Pierce was listed for sale on the internet that didn’t belong to the person, they were using old on line images. It’s getting asinine with the amount of fraud, seems like old car people are trustworthy and often taken advantage of. Also, another member was taken for a significant sum a while back, but they also asked not to be named. The car in question has the owners, lawyers, and law enforcement looking for it. I think the V-12 description should be enough and anyone can contact me about a purchase. I will NOT disclose the missing car, as I gave my word that I wouldn’t.

Ed, ok, I have seen two listings on e-bay in recent weeks that have been fraud. The pictures were taken from a dealers site and bidding started at $1.00. They have both been discussed on the AACA site for those who do not get to that site. Both were pulled from e-bay before anyone was taken by the fraudulent sellers. I am sure others have not been so lucky! With time, I am sure your V12 in question will show up somewhere. If it’s too good to be true… Karl

Karl……this one scares me because they have a car, and can send speciality photos ,ect. Today even a title can be fake. It just doesn’t end. I think the issue is people pay in cash or bank checks for old cars, so there aren’t the normal safeguards one gets with buying a modern car or truck. The crooks have figured this out…….. I think ANY old car purchase needs to be looked at very hard if it’s not from someone you have been long acquainted with. Ed

Or a member of this club or another reputable auto club.

Thanks, Ed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.