Museum Change

Home Page Forums General Museum Change

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

The 1904 Stanhope 8M restored by Lewis K. Brown of Endicott, New York in the early 1970s which has been on display since 1990 at Old Aerodrome Museum in Rhinebeck, New York is now on display at the Northeast Classic Car Museum in Norwich, New York.

Lewis operated Brown’s Key Shop and specialized in locks for antique automobiles. His clients included renowned museums which allowed him to work on cars previously owned by famous people including Franklin D. Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.

Upon Lewis’s death, the ownership was transferred to his grandson Patrick L. Jackson and his family of Horseheads, New York. The Jacksons are pleased to loan this Pierce Stanhope to the Northeast Classic Car Museum and to have it featured in the “Cars made in New York State” exhibit.

http://www.classiccarmuseum.org/

Great to hear of this car being passed down in the family and displayed appropriately.

A number of years ago I saw the car at Rhinebeck, and contacted Andrew King, a friend, about the car. The King family worked side by side with Cole Palen, and Andrew is an astounding pilot of anything older with wings, his father was a regular pilot with Cole.

He soon came back to me and told me no, it’s not for sale, family owned and likely to stay that way.

Obviously, that’s a wonderful thing, and glad to hear the rest of the story to date!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.