My 1932 Pierce Arrow 54 Broughm Coupe; side mount question

Home Page Forums Body My 1932 Pierce Arrow 54 Broughm Coupe; side mount question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

When we were at the Stan Hywett concours, Ed Minnie commented that my car’s metal sidemount covers were missing the inside braces that keep the covers locked on.

He said that were at least two styles of inside braces but he did not have a picture of them to send me.

It would be great if other 1932 PA owner’s could take a look at their sidemounts and share a photo or two of the braces. Ed said the braces would not be hard to manufacture.

Any help appreciated.

Tom Wallace, Dayton, OH

I closely examined the inside of the spare tire covers. I did find a couple spots where a brace could be bolted to. There is a single hole in the front of the cover and a hole with hook in the rear of the cover.

Maybe a brace for a tire cover was easily lost or perhaps cumbersome to use. I include a couple photos.

Tom Wallace, Dayton, OH

Rear photo.

Thomas,

I have those braces on my ’32 that you mentioned, I will try to get some photos to you tomorrow. I had to remove the old tires under the sidemount covers with a saws all as they had literally petrified over the years. If replacing those tires, be careful to put the same size tire back under the covers because oversize tires won’t fit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.