My 32 Coupe Series 54 Make Over

Home Page Forums General My 32 Coupe Series 54 Make Over

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Many of you have seen my 32 Series 54 Coupe. I have owned it for almost 5 years now. When purchased it was missing the 18 inch wire wheel trim rings. John Cislak and I did them as a project. (John made them, I handled the sales and shipping) We sold them for Stude, Buick, Stutz, Caddy, and a few others. Well, as my wheels were manure brown, I decided to paint them black. Surprise! When I removed the brown paint the wheels were factory chrome wires! Well, I didn’t want to spend the money for chrome, so we powder coated them black. They came out great, but it still was a lot of work. Then I managed to get a set of like new take offs from a 33 Stutz, saving a fortune on new tires. Here are the results. Looks like a different car. If anyone has side mount covers for a 32, I sure would like a set. Thanks, Ed

Nice looking…and nice running. Thanks for sharing Ed.

John

Another shot.

Last one.

Ed, the car looks great, looking forward to seeing it at TheGathering this weekend. John is still bringing it, right?

Please ask John to take lots of photos of the ’33 Club Brougham and bring them along.

You now have one of, if not the BEST running ’32 8cyl ever, AND a very nice set of wheels and tires, as well as a nice shine to the paint..

Next: did you find a seat-back cushion for it yet??

Can you post a photo of the correct side covers you are looking for ?? Are they significantly different from the ’33 once-piece covers ?? Sorry, I’m not familiar with the correct covers.

Did your plans change?? any chance you are now coming to The Gathering ??

Greg Long

The black wheels really make the chrome trim ring stand out.

Looks great.

Here is a before shot. Ed

Greg, The car is still buried in the back of the shop. John won’t have any photos at the meet. It has a very interesting upholstery type, I have never seen it before. I’ll get some photos posted in the next week or so. The headliner in the CB is torn out from the wind along with the center top. All the rest of the upholstery is decent for patters and is all there. The car looks like it was a light tan or “sand” color. The interior is a little darker color and is unique in color and type from any other PA I have seen. John will have the 32 at the meet. Be sure to take it for a spin, it’s running even better. (Thanks for the kind words!) The 32 needs a front seat replacement, the rumble seat is fine. I’m planning to remove the rear seat from my car and the front from another car to make a set. I’ll keep the new front seat, and my friend will keep the rear for his car as it is missing. So if anybody needs a 31-32 Front seat or rumble seat, speak up soon and get in on the project. I don’t have a photo of the correct covers yet, but I will post them if I can come up with them. If any member has a set on their car, please take a few photos and post them here. I wish more members would post photos of car projects and upgrades as the membership likes to see what other people are doing in their garage. Ed

ed, bob brown here in ohio has a 33 coupe, I don’t know the compatability but you might contact him.

George quay

Ed,

Is this the car that set a record for ’32 pierce-Arrow Coupes at

Watkins Glen a few years back?

Yes…. thats the one we went three cars wide into the back turn and passed. Did your blood pressure come down yet? ;-) Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.