My new ’25 Roadster

Home Page Forums General My new ’25 Roadster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I bought this ’25 Series 80 Roadster 2 months back. I had black fenders so I had them repainted to an olive green. This goes a little better with the original factory burgundy paint that’s still on the body.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the PAS.

Your car is a very special vehicle and Pierce owners are also a special breed.

You’d be hard pressed to find a finer bunch of folks than the members of the PAS.

Please post some more pics of your car along with some more details about the car.

Tom, thanks for sharing. I like the color combo very much, the spot light mounted to the running board is nice too.

Best-John

The spotlight on the fender may be a clue to this car’s history. Does the interior have narrow pleated seats?

Nice car. Do you also have pics of it before you updated the colors.

Please show a photo of the left, driver’s side of the engine, I might know of this car.

Greg Long

Thanks for all the kind words. The fenders were black when I got it. It was a Tom Sparks car from Hollywood, CA. 33,200 original miles. The undercarriage is spotless, and greaseless. She runs like a top. Where can I get a set of points for the distributor?

I thought It was the Tom Sparks car. And it is confirmed by the non-standard carburetor just barely seen in the above photo.

Tom modified all his cars to have a down draft carb that would start with a push of a button. Since most of his cars were rented or leased to the movie studios for filming movies.

The original pierce carburetor for a S80 requires some technique to operate well. The single throat down draft carb on this Tom Sparks car is pretty much, ‘tap the pedal and turn the switch, push the starter button.’.

Tom, if you don’t have a copy of the series 80 parts manual, you should get one, the first half of the manual is very well illustrated, and shows a wealth of information about your car.

Email me if you want a copy of the illustrated section of the manual.

Greg L

BTW: I saw this car at Tom Spark’s incredibly FULL garage in 1992 or ’93.

GL

Yes Greg, you’re correct about the carb. The original came in a box with the car and is great condition.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.