My new Pierce-Arrow

Home Page Forums General My new Pierce-Arrow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am new to the PAS. I recently bought a 1930 Model A Enclosed Driver Limousine from Gullwing Motors. It has its issues. One of these is the serial number. The plate is missing and it is titled by the engine number, 300640. If anyone knows the history of my car before it was used by M @ V Limo service as a wedding rental on Long Island please let me know. A picture of my car is still featured on their web site. I would like to find the original serial #. Also i need a crank for the divider window. Any leads or a picture would be helpful. Thanks.

Jim Nicholson

This is a ‘saloon’ model built at the end of 1930. It uses the wide bumper of the 1931 cars. The stipes on the splash pan above the running board and the 1930 crank hole cover (cover missing) tell the tale. Should have crome stip around the edge of the engine cover that outlines the door vents.

Welcome to the club! Hope to see you at the New England Region meets. Be sure to join the region. Hope to see you and your car soon, Ed Minnie. Western Mass.

Jim,

Check the e-mail that I sent you tonight. I was able to find your serial number by cross referencing the Engine number in the PAS Database. Although it looks like there is a typo in your entry of your engine number on the Message Board.

CCCA sells reproduction chassis number plates. The address is in the PAS Parts and Services Directory on-line. Now that you know your serial number, you could have it stamped into the replacement plate and rivet it to your frame.

Happy Motoring

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.