Mystery pieces

Home Page Forums Body Mystery pieces

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I found these pieces and I don’t know where they were supposed to go. I vaguely remember taking them off but I don’t know from where. Anybody recognize these? 1930 Mod B Club Sedan. Aluminum sheet material. JimL

Rear wheel wells?

Fills the gap by the body?

Jim,

Knowing NOTHING about 1930 Model B cars, they look like a body panel gap block to me.

Perhaps they fit at one end or the other of the engine drip pans?

They have a gasket on them and what appears to be a screw hole.

I would look for two screws (one on each side) that hold NOTHING, or two screw holes (one on each side) that have no screws.

Good luck,

Peter

Craig & Peter,

That doesn’t sound right but I tried it in the other order and it was worse.

Thanks, I talked to Dave Schafer and he thinks that they go to the rear body/fender/gas tank cover joint, so I’ll check there and post the result. I thought I took pictures of everything but apparently not. JimL

When I first saw the picture I immediately thought of these pieces just in front of the wheels in the rear wheel well.

Your pieces would be different since my car is a 143″ wheelbase limousine but they sure look similar.

Craig,

The car is having the top put on so I’ll take the pieces to the top shop and check. The witness mark from weatherstrip confused me (easy to do), maybe it was to stop a rattle.

Thanks JimL

Craig,

That’s exactly where they go. Do you happen to know if this was a dealer/factory fix for something since they are not painted? JimL

Glad I could help you with your mystery pieces.

I do not know if they were some sort of add on later that a dealer service center would have installed.

My car is very, very original, has been in the family for over 50 years and is pretty much a 2 owner car.

The main reason I remember the pieces is because I spent a lot of time staring at them wondering why they were there when I replaced all the outer axle seals and repacked the bearings about 10 years ago.

They looked so out of place that they stood out in my mind.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.