New emporium listing to consider.

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell New emporium listing to consider.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I just listed a Duplex tin and a 33-? Gas cap on the emporium if anyone is interested. Thanks!

I have a shiny repro cap that looks great but doesn’t have a vent. I had to punt to create a vent. In the pictures you can get an idea of the elaborate vent system built into the original cap to prevent spillage out the vent. If gas burps up through the tiny center hole it lands in a little circular depression that then let’s it drain back down into the filler pipe. That area is vented via the large circular holes seen in the outer inside of the cap. Clever but elaborate. If anyone is operating with a repro cap and has experienced any fuel starvation/vapor lock issues check to see if you have any vent in the cap. Also, in the original cap that hole can be plugged (my original was). It could also possibly screw up the KS fuel gauge because the alternate path to vent as fuel is drawn out is to pull through the KS sending unit vent pipe. “Ask for the time and he tells you how to build a watch……..”

Good information, I thought the bottom disc was just a vented baffle but I didn’t try taking it apart to see the construction.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.