New PAS member needs help

Home Page Forums General New PAS member needs help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I received this email this morning…

Hi Curtis,

My name is Ken Figel and I’m a member of the PAS. I wanted to get your opinion on an approach to something I haven’t done in the past, I guess as a fellow PAS member, and that is actually buying a Pierce.. It’s a ’27 Pierce Enclosed Car.

I’m fairly familiar with Pierce-Arrows, but would be a “novice” when it comes to actually buying one. I want to make sure I know to the extent possible what I’d be getting. To that end I’m thinking of having a local restoration shop do an inspection of it, mainly mechanical and body. I’m also thinking about approaching a local PAS member (this is in Rochester, NY) about doing an inspection of the car for me for missing parts, etc. (I’d be willing to reimburse them for their time). Does this sound like a prudent approach for a PA?

On one hand I know it has 1927 era mechanics-not overly complicated, on the other hand I also know they are speciality cars that could use a more experienced person than me to look it over. The car does have wear and tear on it, was last registered and driven daily in 2009, and does run fairly well right now.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Ken Figel

[email protected]

(716) 998-0575

While I gave him some advice, please show him that our members are ready wiling and able to help out a fellow PAS member.

Also, please respond directly to his e-mail or phone number, he will not se your responses here.

Many, many thank you’s to those of you who answered this ad and offered up your help.

I knew I could count on the members of the PAS to help out a fellow member in his time of need. According to Ken’s messages (we kept missing each other last night playing phone tag) he will keep me informed as to his progress.

Thanks again everyone.

Curtiss

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.