New Pierce in the Stable

Home Page Forums General New Pierce in the Stable

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Just got my new Pierce home. Imported it from Belgium where it ended up after it was bought at the 2010 Hershey Auction. Everything looks very original, but a repaint of the body, redone upholstery and top.

Its a 1904 Stanhope with the 8 HP Pierce engine…….a real speedster.

Looking forward to some single cylinder tours and the Modoc tour in June

Here is another photo

Nice car! Can you post a link to a You Tube clip of it running and driving? Some of us may never have the opportunity to hear or see one in person.

Al

So awesome Richard!!! Can’t wait to see it in person!

Don

She looks like a great car.

I had the pleasure of seeing a Stanhope up close at the 2006 PAS meet.

They are very rare cars, enjoy putting around in your new speedster.

Rich, It was nice seeing you at the Hershey Lodge a few weeks back. That’s a unique new acquisition-congrats

It’s great to see one come back home! Looks like a very nice car. Enjoy!

Wow, that is the second Stanhope I have “seen” in a week. I got a close up look at a 1903 Stanhope of another PAS member at the Rockville, Maryland car show last weekend. Neat car. Enjoy.

Robert

I’ll keep you posted when we start it and drive it.

Looking it over I’m suspicious that the chassis is original, with a lot of original

pin stripping. Obviously the body and fenders are an older restoration. There is

evidence, under the car, that it was a darker green as original. The plan at present,

is to return the body, fenders and wheels back to original, but leave the chassis as

preservation. So then, what do we call a car that is 1/2 preservation/original and 1/2 restored ?

Richard, get a decal saying—Half and Half with a picture of a little carton of H&H creamer.

Rich, Congratulations on the “new”” car. I’ll guess we’ll have to come up your way again to see it. Dave”

One of my dream cars, congrats on acquiring this beauty.

The closest I can come is a 1903 Pierce 6 HP engine that I found and have, as Ed knows.

Could you post pics of the engine and rear axle?

My experience with much older cars is that much older restorations can appear to us as “original”. I stood next to a fabulous 1910 Peerless in the Sacramento car museum, called a friend who knows all there is to know about early cars, and told him I couldn’t believe how nice it was and what (sheesh, sometimes you can hate this word) patina it had.

He laughed, knew the car well, said it was restored in the early 1950’s and driven hard and well, and what I was looking at was almost 70 years of “patina”.

Our minds can fool us.

Oh, again, I’m jealous, would love to have a first generation Pierce automobile to hug, uh, I mean, play with..

Prof. Coco

This is the car I mentioned when I saw you at your space at Hershey and we talked about

your engine……tell me what you would like to see and I’ll get you photos……

1904…hummm. LONDON-BRIGHTON!

Just like to see pics of the engine and transmission area, as we discussed, I dream of finding the rest of the car to go with my engine!

It was an interesting Hershey, Richard and I talked about his Stanhope, and I had three other people stop by who own and discussed their single cylinder Pierces.

Sounds like you are a Single Cylinder Pierce magnet…….maybe you could organize a tour for Pierce Singles only !!

Richard,

After doing that work on you 1904 Stanhope, you would call what was done a “Sympathetic Refurbishment.””

Peter”

Sounds like a mouthful…….but impressive. I’ll use that…….Thanks

Congrats. It looks like a cigar is in order.

Tony

Tony – bring your new Maxwell to the small Modoc Tour in June…….I hope to have this Pierce there too….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.