new senior ’31 8 distributor cap and rotor

Home Page Forums General new senior ’31 8 distributor cap and rotor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Dan Hanlon, my friend that bought my 31 Model 42 conv. cpe. just bought a new cap and rotor from John Wozney. He drove the car 400 miles round trip to St.Johns past weekend. He said the difference in starting and performance was incredible! Good job John!

Well sure!

After all, 90% of all carburetor problems are electrical.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist it.

Bill

Tony, I’m just seeing this post-thank you for the feedback on Dan’s satisfaction and kind words-much appreciated!

Reproduction brown bakelite ‘cap/cover/button/rotor’ are still available at $800 as a package and fit all 1929, 1930 A,B and 1931 41,42 cars using 668E distributors, although 2/3 of our inventory was sold in 5 weeks.

We took on this project to benefit PAS owners like Dan Hanlon with a failing cap, struggling to find this impossible-to-find part. All proceeds benefit the PAF.

Email me if interested

John,

Thank You for your efforts to make it possible to keep Pierce-Arrows

on the road. You also should be honored for fattening up the PAF’s

bottom line,thereby advancing the goals of The Society.

John,

This was a great project and thank you very much for taking on making these parts.

Thank you Tony C and Bill.

The PAF is also contemplating a run of V12 caps and rotors. I would appreciate feedback on whether such a project would serve a need.

John

V-12 caps and rotors would be great. Thanks Doug Vogel

I don’t think 12 caps are in enough demand, the Cadillac guys made them and there is still a decent supply at fair price. The big Pierce caps were very hard to find at any price, good used selling for 1000 or more, new replacements at 800 are a bargain. Ed

I also want to thank John and the PAF. I searched for an original cap for over a year (yes, I know that is a short duration in obscure parts hunting time ;) with no luck. There were none around. Even the Studebaker caps were getting hard to find. The reproduction cap looks and works great. As I said before and cannot say enough, this is a great group of people!

Robert

I haven’t installed mine yet but am delighted to hear excellent reports of this project’s performance.

This was the PERFECT project: a very rare, critical part which improves the performance of many of our cars. Well thought out, perfectly executed! Congratulations, John and PAF!

WHAT’S NEXT???? :-)

George

Ed, Are the Cadillac V-12 caps and rotors the same as the Pierce Arrow. And if so who has them? Thanks again, Doug Vogel

Another nice project would be headlight lenses covering the cars from 1929 to 1938 and possibly for some even prior to 1929 as there are some unique sizes in the Bausch&Lomb lenses used in that 1919-1928 period.

Caps are the same, rotors are not. I don’t have the current information on who is selling them, I think they were around 700 or 800, but 12 caps are not hard to find, they just cost money, the PAF project reproduced a cap that couldn’t be found at any price. Ed.

This is all great feedback-very much appreciated!

John

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.